LCBO Potential Strike... stock up!

I doubt it will go through, but it is possible...

LCBO workers prepare strike vote - Posted Toronto

Comments

• Not that I need an excuse, but I'm going tonight to stock up...
  • wow...I'm torn.

I'm a Union member so I support the issues the LCBO workers have.

However I'm tried of the monopoly the provincial government has over the Liquor industry. It's time for the privatization of LCBO so we, as consumers, have more say on what varieties of products get ordered to our stores.
  • As long as The Beer Store remains open its all good.
  • Good god, please don't privitize the LCBO .. it's probably the only thing the gov't owns that actually makes money every year..
  • BiiLLY wrote: »
    As long as The Beer Store remains open its all good.

We're open come hell or high water :)
  • Now they just have to work their asses off to restock the shelves!

From the CBC:

Ontario's government-run liquor stores and unionized employees have reached a tentative deal, averting a strike during the peak summer sales period.

The deal comes after negotiators from both sides pushed past a midnight deadline.

The key negotiating issue for the union was fighting for the rights of casual workers.

The union has said those employees don't receive vacation, sick time or benefits, and can be called in to work as little as two hours at a time.

A source close to the talks says terms of the deal include benefits for casual workers and more opportunities for full-time jobs.

Employees are working feverishly to replenish supplies after the threat of a strike prompted a run on booze across the province.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    terms of the deal include benefits for casual workers and more opportunities for full-time jobs.

Benefits for PT workers? WTF??? I guess the taxpayer is footing the bill on that one.
  • Graham wrote: »
    Benefits for PT workers? WTF??? I guess the taxpayer is footing the bill on that one.

Of course they are. Remember the taxpayer's are the only one's not affected by the economic slowdown. They can always afford a combining of HST/GST, 5% property tax increases every year and property assessments that increase by 30% in a time when unemployment is continually rising.
  • It's all a marketing ploy! lol...$50 somewhat million in sales in a day just from debit/credit. hahaha