Very Strange DoN Bubble Situation

Omaha, so no antes in these, and the blinds will be changing to 300/600 next hand. I will not even start with how badly the large stacks were playing (the guy with 6000 who in his sb open folded vs a 1200 BB stack with another guy at 300 should give an idea). The fact that players with 2700 and 5800 folded this pre flop shows how badly some play these at times.

What made this weird was that the BB got disconnected in the hand, so I was faced with the following choices

1) Bet the river, take the side pot and hope I beat the all in. My hand is ok for this type of situation but not great, and it actually is middle of the road enough where I could be 3rd anyway with the small stack 1st.

The key point for this is that with the side pot my stack will be just above 900 so I can survive another sb/bb round and have 2 others be forced all in before me. Also, having a sitting out guy on my left is ideal in this spot, especially with the 6k guy being so stupid by folding every time.

2) Check the river then the disconnected guys hand will not be folded and it will play against the small stack.

The key point for this is obviously that if the disconnected guys hand is good the tourney is over. If small stack wins and I am in 2nd then I still have over 900. If small stack wins and I come in 3rd then I cannot survive another blind round.

I am not sure if the same can apply to NL as easily as that has antes as well so makes the math of knowing stacks needed a bit trickier on the fly, but curious what others think of this situation.

I could have also opted to fold preflop and that would let me have more then 900 still, but that seemed the wrong choice ( though I may have if the larger stacks called preflop as they should have).

I did end up winning still in the end for what it is worth.

PokerStars Game #29465740560: Tournament #172403299, $20.00+$0.80 Omaha Pot Limit - Level IX (200/400) - 2009/06/17 8:59:32 ET
Table '172403299 1' 10-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 3: tinkanz (815 in chips)
Seat 4: J8llyfish (2725 in chips)
Seat 5: Monteroy (1269 in chips)
Seat 7: pokerplaynK9 (4160 in chips)
Seat 8: mikekaya1 (339 in chips)
Seat 10: K.Mietze (5692 in chips)
Monteroy: posts small blind 200
pokerplaynK9: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Monteroy [Tc 4c 5d Kh]
mikekaya1: calls 339 and is all-in
K.Mietze: folds
tinkanz: folds
J8llyfish: folds
Monteroy: calls 200
pokerplaynK9 has timed out while disconnected
pokerplaynK9: checks
*** FLOP ***
Monteroy: checks
*** TURN *** [8d]
Monteroy: checks
*** RIVER *** [3c]
Monteroy: bets 400
pokerplaynK9: folds
Uncalled bet (400) returned to Monteroy
pokerplaynK9 is sitting out
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Monteroy: shows [Tc 4c 5d Kh] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
Monteroy collected 122 from side pot
mikekaya1: shows [Kc Jh 6c Ad] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
mikekaya1 collected 1017 from main pot