Big Slick Poker Tour, Alberta South

This is a cool section! Well, I am in Calgary, play at the Grey Eagle and Cash mostly. But! I am the new tourney director here for the Big Slick Poker Tour. It is a league, many Edmonton folk might know it, also playing in Leduc and Drayton Valley. Events are played at legions and there is no fee to play or to enter the legion. They are games played for points, over 10-11 week seasons with the best players moving on to the finals where real money seats are awarded. Last weekends finals in Drayton Valley gave away two $550 CPT seats for Edmonton, and two $70. There was also a Heads Up competition for bragging rights. Swag give aways along the way to the finals.

The league is an oppurtunity for players to practise and improve their game in a live "freeroll" environment, played with real chips, felts and cards. Events see 28-80 people, usually once a week. BC also has alot of locations going.

This Saturday June 20th at Airdrie Legion, check in at 6:00, cards fly at 7:00.

Another NE location will most likely start next Wednesday or the one after.

To learn what its all about, vist the site:

Hope to see some of you at the Southern Alberta Launch this weekend at Airdrie!

Big Slick Poker Tour - Home

Comments

• Great to see another guy part of Big Slick Tour! I've been doing it for about 6 months now on and off, plays at my local Boston Pizza Monday and Wednesday at 7pm. Great group of people to play cards with!

Played about 10 times now; I've placed 1st once, 5th another time, other than that I haven't gotten past the final 2 tables ???
  • DasCoupe wrote: »
    Great to see another guy part of Big Slick Tour! I've been doing it for about 6 months now on and off, plays at my local Boston Pizza Monday and Wednesday at 7pm. Great group of people to play cards with!

Played about 10 times now; I've placed 1st once, 5th another time, other than that I haven't gotten past the final 2 tables ???

+1

Been playing for about 6 mos. myself..directing for 12 weeks. Lots of fun. We get 15-30 players a week here. Last season I tied for first after missing two weeks of play, this season I am out in the lead after two weeks. Looking forward to the Edgewater tournament!!