fulltilt and late registration

how do you feel about the late registration policy on fulltilt? from what i have seen, they offer late registration to every MTT for at least the first level. from a purely business perspective, i can see how it allows more players to sign up for tournaments that they would have otherwise missed out on (and that obviously makes more money for the site).

however, i find it annoying for a couple reasons. first, i'm registering for a tournament on time and i'm considering the number of people in it sometimes (i.e. there's about 300 people so it should take x amount of time to finish it, or there's a guaranteed prize pool, or whatever). it's a little annoying when i sign up to a tournament with around 300 people, then i glance at the number of players after the first level and it's closer to 900. i guess i could also take advantage of the late registration and just wait to see how many people enter the tournament, but i personally really do not like "missing out" on hands during play.

also, i personally don't think that people should be "rewarded" for being late. so they missed the tournament. just play it tomorrow. hell, for most you can sign up hours ahead of time. it's one thing to be signed up and just late arriving, but quite another to sign up after the tournament has already started. seems like it's moving towards the new wsop policy where one can sign up late, rail the table their at, unregister and register to get a new table, etc. not a good thing imho.

Comments

• I love the policy because I multitable.

When you are multitabling, there is nothing worse than missing a registration by seconds when you happen to drop below your standard amount of tables.
  • I don't mind the late registration, and I don't think it gives you any kind of advantage, more of a disadvantage, as some of the super donks are out already.

Can't be sure, but I think they do this on the guarentee $$$ tourneys, to help make sure there's no overlay.
  • +1 on PartyPoker.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I love the policy