double or nothing tables

for those who play on these tables

what strategy do you use. sit back, relax? or does everyone play really tight so maybe it pays off to be aggressive early then sit back?

info/ past success failures with these tables?

all stories appreciated

Comments

• play select hands at the start, you only have to beat half the field. after i win a decent pot and have solid chips i usually try and steal blinds puttin pressure on the smaller stacks...
  • Search the online poker section for threads on this topic.

Basically it's the same as playing a satellite.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Search the online poker section for threads on this topic.

Basically it's the same as playing a satellite.

Yup. And as in satellites you will have opponents who take completely unnecessary risks, something you will benefit from if you stay calm and wait for the right opportunities. I also see people with decent stacks who plays hands sometimes just because they seem to be bored of just sit calm and wait for the shortstack to bust. Not uncommon that they loose a decent piece of their stack when an even bigger stack bullies them out by raising allin on the turn. And suddenly they are out of the safe zone and close to being the short stack themselves.

Always keep track on who is short and if there are big stacks that act like bullies on the table. Try to do your pushes when bully is already out of the hand and - as long as possible - against blinds you think are at least decent players that will fold everything except for superpremium hands. You don't want to push against a fish with the same or bigger stack size as you who thinks KT suited is a fine calling hand in a DoN.

I'm still learning to play, but right now I'm trying to increase my stack with say 20-25% in the early phases since this will give me an advantage in the later stages when it reverts to simply push/fold poker. I think this advantage outweighs the disadvantage when I lose say 20% of the stack, since I will have good fold equity in the later stages even then and one or two extra pushes might bring be back to a 3th or 4th position in the race - a position where my opportunities to cash are very good.