WPT Amateur Poker League

We are new to the Tri-City area. We host free to play poker events at local venues, with the top prize being a $10000 seat at a WPT event. Currently running in:

Guelph
Fox and Fiddle
- Old Quebec Street Mall - Sundays @ 6pm & Thursday @ 7:30 starting Oct 8

Waterloo
Fox and Fiddle
- 77 King St, N - Tuesdays @ 7:30

Elora
The Metcalfe
- 59 Metcalfe St. - Wednesdays @ 7:30

Kitchener
The Hub
- Howard Johnson 1333 Weber St. E - Thursdays @ 7:30
Fusion Bar & Grill - 15 Scott St, Kitchener -Mondays @ 7:30

Registration begins 1 hour before start time

More info at WPTAPL Canada - FREE POKER or email me at laszlo_wptapl@yahoo.ca

Comments

• metclaf in elora is very close to me , whats the buy in ?
  • Laszlo wrote: »
    We are new to the Tri-City area. We host free to play poker events
    metclaf in elora is very close to me , whats the buy in ?

Ummmmm.
  • lol free 10,000 dollars ?
  • lol free 10,000 dollars ?

Why not have a look at the website.... geesh... do a little research and get back to us.
  • hey jeff i looked and it didnt say much says its free and theres a leaderboard so im thinking ud have to play alot of tournys to win maybe ? or i dunno
  • Seems to be similar to the Red Hot Poker Tour, which is sending a whole bunch of players to the WSOP this month.
  • Just better
    Kitchener - The Hub - Howard Johnson 1333 Weber St. E - Thursdays @ 7 30pm

OMG...tell me that place isn't still in operation?? It was the lowest dive in the tri cities when I was 18...
  • It has a new owner. Hes put in new pool tables, new TVs etc. Its pretty nice now. How long ago were you 18?
    It has a new owner. Hes put in new pool tables, new TVs etc. Its pretty nice now. How long ago were you 18?

Well into my third round of adolescence now. ;) Still, I had figured that whole block would have been destroyed years ago and made way for the new expressway going through. Would have increased property values back then that's for sure.
  • thnx, i just signed up, looks pretty sweet, lots of games every week in Chatham/Windsor
    It has a new owner. Hes put in new pool tables, new TVs etc. Its pretty nice now. How long ago were you 18?

Hey Laszlo, how long are their seasons, I mean when do you get a crack at the big $10,000 seat and does only one person get a seat somewhere? I'm about to start my league in Sept and after 12 weeks, season 1, someone will be winning a prize with a value in the neighborhood of $3k to $4k. So if I were doing it once a year it would be $12k to $16k.

It's ok Laszlo I found it all. Seems I was right, they have four feeder tournaments in a year, then there's only one big tournament per year and it's to the celebrity invitational not a 10k event, it's a 200k freeroll. They actually do give away a seat to the 10k Sports Legends event but no one plays to win it, it's a draw, for lack of a better phrase, out of a hat. It also seems that the winner will have to find his/her own way there and a place to stay. Wow, sucks to be that winner. lol and good luck at being that winner, odds are stacked against........

1st: Van Nguyen - $125,500 2nd: Ethan Ruby - $50,000 3rd: Billy Baxter - $20,000 4th: Justin Marchand - $15,000 5th: Elias Madias - $10,000 T-6th: Debby Perkins - $2,500 T-6th: Beverley Kuskol - $2,500 8th Place "Bubble Babe" - Kimberly Lansing and that's all folks for the Celebrity Invitational. Gotta beat over 440 people here and they aren't WPTAPL players
  • For the Sports Challenge seat you do have to be top point earner or have won the most events in your region to qualify for the draw. We have 6 regions x 2 entries = 12. Because the WPTAPL covers so much area its not feasible to get all the top players together. That's why the seat has to be drawn.

We also give away many other prizes such as TVs, poker cruises, trips as well as nightly prizes.
    For the Sports Challenge seat you do have to be top point earner or have won the most events in your region to qualify for the draw. We have 6 regions x 2 entries = 12. Because the WPTAPL covers so much area its not feasible to get all the top players together. That's why the seat has to be drawn.

We also give away many other prizes such as TVs, poker cruises, trips as well as nightly prizes.

Yes I see. I will try to compete with my best foot forward.
  • Our Tuesdays are going to be moved to Wednesdays at the Metcalfe in Elora, starting after Labour Day.
  • We are doing so good at the Fox and Fiddle in Guelph that they have decided to add another night.
    Starting October 8 we will be there on Thursdays as well, 7:30 pm start.