8:00 pm -- SHARP!

The Club

Richmond Hill

2500 starting chips - 20 minute levels

Email theclub@live.ca or call 647-218-CLUB (2582) for reservations

Comfortable atmosphere, friendly people, free food and sodas

Cash games also available

Comments

• Can you post the blind structure, or at least the first several levels? Also how much of the $60. is going to the prize pool?
  • how long did the 1/2 game last? any plans to add some additional nights? I had planned to check this place out on Friday but I was too busy making money :) maybe this Friday.
  • The cash game and tourney were both very good last week. The cash game is 1/2 NL and will go as long as people want to play. The tournament blind structure is reasonable. Players start with 2500 in chips and each level is 20 mins.

levels: 25/25, 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, 400/800, 800/1600 ...
  • theclub wrote: »
    The cash game and tourney were both very good last week. The cash game is 1/2 NL and will go as long as people want to play. The tournament blind structure is reasonable. Players start with 2500 in chips and each level is 20 mins.

Thanks for the info, and how much of the $60. is in the prize pool? How many players do you get for the tournament?
    The cash game and tourney were both very good last week. The cash game is 1/2 NL and will go as long as people want to play. The tournament blind structure is reasonable. Players start with 2500 in chips and each level is 20 mins.

And the BlondeFish slide rule says: BINGO
    PF: 4.07
    Skill: 2
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    And the BlondeFish slide rule says: BINGO
    PF: 4.07
    Skill: 2

the whole idea of these tournaments is to get people into the club early so they can get the cash game going afterwards; most of these club tournaments are bingo, imo. if you want a freeroll, contact the Airport Club as I think they run a $500 freeroll befor their 2/5 game so it may be bingo, but at least you can win some of your buy-in for free. also, some clubs give you a 10% top up if you show up early.
  • Went there on friday, was a fun group. Nice setup, no smoking in the playing area.

Tourney tonight and friday, followed by 1/2 cash games. $60 - 8pm.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Went there on friday, was a fun group. Nice setup, no smoking in the playing area.

Any idea what the rake was on the tournament?
  • Since it was game 7, there was only 10 of us there. We played a sng and watched the game. No rake was taken. Prize winners took it upon themselves to tip the dealer afterwards.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Went there on friday, was a fun group. Nice setup, no smoking in the playing area.

I see they have added a second night now on Tuesday; what is the crowd like? did you play in the cash game? was it a full table most of the night? I may check out the tournament, etc. this weekend.
  • Was a friendly crowd, joking with each other all night. I didn't stick around for the cash game. I think you can expect about 20ish for the cash games on most nights
  • made it out last night to this new club; very nice facilities with new tables and excellent decor. looks like they have spent some $$ to make this place look decent. they had a 1/2 game running from around 8:30 (players wanted to skip tournament and get right to the cash game). had about 7-8 players when I left at 12:30. As this was the first time they have run a game on Tuesday, I would expect a bigger turn out down the road and on Friday nights. Generally I found the players to be pretty decent with not a lot of dead money. Hopefully there are more cannons playing on a Friday night. Worth checking out if you live in the area. Pretty close to HWY 404/Don Valley.
  • I attended their 1/2 cash game last night and it was very good. The owners of the club are super friendly and very hospitable providing all kinds of food and drinks. Their set up is awesome and looks very professional. The players were all cool too. Definitely going back.
  • Hirst12345 wrote: »
    I attended their 1/2 cash game last night and it was very good. The owners of the club are super friendly and very hospitable providing all kinds of food and drinks. Their set up is awesome and looks very professional. The players were all cool too. Definitely going back.

were you the guy who hated kings after last night's experience? I was on your right. Hopefully the table wasn't too pissed when I got up and left with a full rack. Pretty tough table actually.

btw, they also have a separate smoking room away from the action so its actually a great club for non-smokers like me.
  • Thanks for coming out guys. Hope to see you again soon!
    Thanks for coming out guys. Hope to see you again soon!

I may pop in tonight after my usual Friday night 1/2 game. Hopefully the canons will be out in full force :)