17.24 Patience Factor Skill Level of 6 out of 6 Poker Tournament in Orangeville

Orangeville Poker Tour (OPT) (Orangeville, ON) - Meetup.com

FRIDAY JUNE 19, 2009 at 8pm

PM me or Post Here that you want in and I will forward address.

Tournament starts at 8:00pm; doors open at 7:30pm
30 players max

Buy-In: $75 (all of which goes to the prize pool)
Starting Chips: 3500

Option: $5 for an extra 1000 in chips (The extra $5 is optional and goes to cover any extra costs, snacks, pop, cards, chairs, tables, website, ect.)

This tournament is designed after the WSOP $1500 buy-in tournaments using the same blinds structure, but with 40-minute levels instead of 60 minutes.

Prize Pool:
3-9 Players:
1st (70%) 2nd (30%)
10-15 Players
1st (50%) 2nd (30%) 3rd (20%)
15-24 Players
1st (46%) 2nd (27%) 3rd (17%) 4th (10%)
24-30 Players
1st (42%) 2nd (25%) 3rd (15%) 4th (10%) 5th (8%).
The amount depends on how many players are in the tournament.

Blind Levels: 40 minutes and follows WSOP format for intermediate tournaments

Level 1 = $25 - $50
Level 2 = $50 - $100
Level 3 = $75 - $150
10 mins Break
Level 4 = $100 - $200
Level 5 = $100 - $200; 25ante
Level 6 = $150 - $300; 25ante
10 mins Break
Level 7 = $200 - $400; 50ante
Level 8 = $300 - $600; 75ante
10 mins Break - CHIP RACE
Level 9 = $400 - $800; 100ante
Level 10 = $500 - $1000; 100ante
Level 11 = $600 - $1200; 100ante
10 mins Break
and so on

Usually a no limit cash game starts once enough players are eliminated from the Tournament

As Always this is BYOB, I will supply some snacks and some pop

Comments

• Wetts1012 and garryc I have you both down as coming, if anything changes please let me know
  • Sorry won't be able to make this one Steve. I'm off to Vegas June 17th..
  • does it start at 8pm or 1pm? probably a typo for the 1pm
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    does it start at 8pm or 1pm? probably a typo for the 1pm

Thanks and fixed to 8pm
  • Did the last WSOP Warmup take more 10 hours? This and Wednesday's GBH tournament will probably be the only decent live tournaments available to practice before the WSOP forum invasion. Please put me down as tentative and I will confirm closer to June 19.
    SteveKerr wrote: »
    FRIDAY JUNE 19, 2009 at 8pm
    This tournament is designed after the WSOP $1500 buy-in tournaments using the same blinds structure
  • the last one took 9.5hrs with 45min blinds and 32 players. this one has 40min blinds and a max of 30 players
  • I recommend this event!!!

With that said I can't make it :(
  • only 4 seats left then I will have to start a waiting list
  • Put me down Steve
  • I was going to sign up but then realized, theoretically, the tourney might not be over until 6 or 7 am. Got stuff to do early Saturday morn. Darn, maybe next time. Good luck to all participants!!
  • there is now a waiting list.

should be a good game

and I am pretty sure it will be done before 6 or 7am.
  • I'm looking quite forward to it. Been having some good luck at tourney's as of late and hope that continues :-)
  • I will be making my way to the game from Oakville. 403-->410-->10
    Does anyone have a clue on when I should leave in order to be there for 7:30? I have to assume that Friday evening traffic will be heavy.
  • 6:30 and you should be fine
  • I hope to leave by 6:20 PM tonight to take the same route. I know I'll get lost just like Belwood, Kitchener, Waterloo, Breslau, Port Perry, Brantford, Point Edward, Windsor, Detroit, Buffalo, etc., :-[ but hopefully by the time I find it, I'll still have a chip left to mount a comeback!
    Muddguts wrote: »
    I will be making my way to the game from
    Oakville. 403-->410-->10
  • Tournament ended at 2:15am taken roughly 6 hours to complete.

Here are the money finishers:

1. Steve Kerr $915
    2. Scott Hepburn $540
    3. Greg Hartwick (crazykoby) $325
    4. Ed Luskey (muddguts) $220
    5. Brent Ryckman $175

There was lots of big hands through out the night quads like 3 or 4 times a couple of pocket Kings versus pocket Aces.

and another fun night of poker is complete, next up is The WSOP
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    1. Steve Kerr $915
    There was lots of big hands through out the night quads like 3 or 4 times
    Live poker is rigged! ;)
    I re-raise preflop with
    :qc:qs
    I get two callers and the pot is 5,100. Flop is

:qd:js:5c
    I flop the nuts. Villain 1 overbets the pot and goes all-in. Bingo Bango! I immediately show my top set and call. Villain shows
    :jh:jd
    and only has the case J as his one out. Turn is
    :5h
    I am a 98% favourite to win and probably be the chip leader. River is
    :jc :'(
    IGHN and retire from live poker...
    until the WSOP. Thanks to SteveKerr and congrats to the three forumers dominating the prize pool.
  • Good Game Steve, all two hands

In BB with KK, raise it to 200, gets reraised to 650 folded back to me. I'm only med stack now after my AQ gets beat by Steve's trip kings two hands earlier, so I push...right into AA!! Flop comes down AKx...sick sick sick

Great to see Garry come out. Although I never do well at Steve's game, he runs a great tourney.

Good luck to all those going to WSOP.
  • Congrats Steve, glad to see you are running well going into your WSOP, just like I... Hopefully we all keep going in the right direction...

Blondefish, how come you couldn't get away from that? Did you run the numbers? :)
  • was a good game of poker or sure. No donkey's there whatsoever from my vantage point. Steve's call of 9-5 ("they were suited") after a pre-flop raise was questioned by the guy that ended up losing to that hand (steve ended up with boat) but that's about it. In Steve's defense, he was 2nd in chips with 6 people left and could afford the call. I seen quads 4 times, set over set, watched AA get cracked several times.

Night got off to a great start. 3rd hand in I get 10-10, raise pre-flop, get one caller. I flop trips, guy bets, I raise, he re-raises all in. At that point I'm a little worried that he has a set of Qs which was the only hand that could beat me at that point and I thought, "well if he does, then that's just bad luck for me". I call, he flips over A-A turn and river don't improve either hand and just like that I have doubled up and possibly the early chip leader.

Was card dead for the last hour and a half, just could not pick up a hand. Got A-A with about 8 players left and am the short stack at the table. At that time, the pre-flop bets were up to 3k with callers. I raise it to a measley 1500 and everyone folds!!! Ugh. Much to my delight, the big stacks were picking off the mid stacks like crazy until I was in the money:) Went all in with A-3 against chip leader who called with Q high and he gets two pair.

Thanks for hosting Steve!

EDIT: I also want to wish the WSOP bound players the best of luck. It would be awesome to be able to say I played against someone with a bracelet!
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    was a good game of poker or sure. No donkey's there whatsoever from my vantage point. Steve's call of 9-5 ("they were suited") after a pre-flop raise was questioned by the guy that ended up losing to that hand (steve ended up with boat) but that's about it. In Steve's defense, he was 2nd in chips with 6 people left and could afford the call.

The initial raiser had raise like his 4th time in a row he raised only to 1000, so I decided to play, and was not expecting garryc(forum member) to call.

Flop was A 5 x and it was checked around turn was a 9, garryc bet 2300, initial raiser folded I called river a 5 for my boat garryc pushed all in and I called of coarse.

I was running hot all night maybe only card dead for 1 level in the early stages.

Thanks all for the goodlucks in Vegas hopefully the cards run well for all us form members that are participating in The WSOP
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Live poker is rigged!

that hand indeed was twisted! I apologize for dealing such a debacle.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    The initial raiser had raise like his 4th time in a row he raised only to 1000, so I decided to play, and was not expecting garryc(forum member) to call.

Flop was A 5 x and it was checked around turn was a 9, garryc bet 2300, initial raiser folded I called river a 5 for my boat garryc pushed all in and I called of coarse.

I was running hot all night maybe only card dead for 1 level in the early stages.

Thanks all for the goodlucks in Vegas hopefully the cards run well for all us form members that are participating in The WSOP

Are you trying to make him quit forever?