Don't want to get banned for collusion

Hey Folks, wondering if this is worth looking into. In the tiny town I live in, I'm trying to get a private online tourney started on Pokerstars with people who come to this bar league that my girlfriend and I attend weekly.

That part's not the problem. I can set that up. What I'm wondering about is whether or not my girlfriend could play in the same tourney from our house. She currently plays on P*.net, but asked me about whether or not she can setup an account on .com for real money to play in the tourney once I get things going. We'd both have the same IP and I don't want to risk my P* account having problems with security for this reason.

I think Compuease and his partner have played together in the forum games in the past, so I'm just wondering if you contact them (P* security) ahead of time to ask for permission or do you just wing it or what.

Anyone have any ideas regarding this?

Comments

• Well we've never had an issue at all, but you can't play on the same cash table or enter the same SNG from the same ip. I think it would only be an issue if there was a complaint of chip dumping, etc and stars investigates.
    lol, if I'm in a tourney with the wife and we get on the same table you can count on her trying to get my chips.... not so much the other way around cuz I need my bread buttered if you know what I mean...
  • Thanks for the info Jeff. That's sort of what I thought was the case, just wanted to check to be sure. I rarely play cash games, and she'd never play a SNG at the level that I play at. Not that I play at high stakes, but $6/game has resulted in 'discussions' in the past.

Bread buttered? For some reason I don't think you're talking about her making you breakfast! Just kidding. Thanks again.
  • The best thing to do is contact Pokerstars first, explain the situation and get their approval (shouldn't be a problem). This way if anything does happen later, you can pull out their email and show that you had approval for this. My brother did this because we play in the same house sometimes and he has friends over, and often we can all be in the same tourneys.
  • That's pretty much what I was thinking. A little forthright communication can go a long way. Do you think I'd email support or security?
  • Support
  • E-mail support and they will direct you to the right person/department to take care of it.
  • Well, got the answer. Emailed support and they said that private tournaments are governed by the same rules as regular SNG tourneys and cash games. It's a no go for anyone from the same IP to play in them.

That sucks. I wish there was some way someone else could tell her this news. She's gonna be pissed. Ah well.
  • Well, got the answer. Emailed support and they said that private tournaments are governed by the same rules as regular SNG tourneys and cash games. It's a no go for anyone from the same IP to play in them.

That sucks. I wish there was some way someone else could tell her this news. She's gonna be pissed. Ah well.
    Maybe have her play at her other boyfriends place? :):)

just kidding..... lol

As an aside, I know that pstars DOES let you register and play in multi table tournaments from the same ip but NOT sng's or cash.
  • Thats weird... try again.. maybe you just got a bad support person. My brother did it no problem.
  • I might do that. Just concerned that it might be considered the same as double doctoring by asking the same question twice looking for a different answer.
  • Get your gf to e-mail the question this time so it doesn't appear on your record.

And I'm with the rest of them, I did not have a problem playing in the same private tourney as someone in the same household in the past. But then again, back then the tourney was 2-4 tables so they're still multi-table tournament.