Pat Quinn / Tom Renney

Alright, I live in Edmonton, love the oilers and I do believe Pat Quinn is a great person to bring here. Not to mention Tom Renney and from what I've heard they coach well together. I know a lot of you easterners probably have opinions about Pat Quinn, I would like to hear some of them.

IMO bringin Pat in to help with young oiler players will be very key, and if their top performers can wake the fuck up from last year ( with the expections of Hemsky, Souray ) I think they could have a decent team.

Comments

• schabs wrote: »
    Alright, I live in Edmonton, love the oilers and I do believe Pat Quinn is a great person to bring here. Not to mention Tom Renney and from what I've heard they coach well together. I know a lot of you easterners probably have opinions about Pat Quinn, I would like to hear some of them.

IMO bringin Pat in to help with young oiler players will be very key, and if their top performers can wake the fuck up from last year ( with the expections of Hemsky, Souray ) I think they could have a decent team.

Renney and Quinn have never coached together. Not sure where you might have heard that. In fact, their relationship was very bad for the Vancouver Canucks. Quinn hired Renney as coach and fired him after a season and a half...Quinn was also subsequently fired by Canucks management.

Also, Quinn is notorious for relying heavily on veterans. He was NOT brought in to help the young players. Hes never coached in major junior and most of the day to day coaching duties of this past WJHC was handled by his assistants.

Renney is the man more likely to be responsible for the kids as he has coached major junior (won a memorial cup), canadian national team and canadian world junior team.
  • That damn news conference was saying they worked well together wtf...
  • Pat Quinn will get u to the playoffs. Steer clear of Paul Maurice even though he did well with Carolina.