NHL is fixed

Anyone find it interesting that for the first time in over 50 years they have a back to back game in the Cup finals and they schedule 5 games in 7 nights with a beaten up Wings team. I think the NHL will do anything to get their poster boy a CUP.

Comments

• The Sunday game is for the US market, nothing more. Yeah, I agree it is pretty tough on the teams, especially if they play 3pm or something.
  • Check the schedules of the arenas. They may both have events going on all the other possible days. I'm pretty sure TNA has a PPV from Detroit on a Sunday in a week or two and Pittsburgh has been plagued by problems all playoffs. Remember the Yanni concerts?
  • Pens won't win the Cup.
  • The schedule was pretty much decided by arena bookings and Bettman's continously efforts to penetrate the US market by agreeing to whatever NBC/Versus demands in terms of game times so he can get NHL on in the US.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Pens won't win the Cup.

I'll take some odds on that.
  • The scheduling sucks. I especially hate the weekend afternoon games for American network tv. Who wants to watch hockey on a sunny Sunday afternoon in June? They've got to go.

Remember when Ziegler was President of the league and everyone hated him? Well, Bettman makes Ziegler look like Clarence Campbell.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I'll take some odds on that.

Amount?
  • The NHL is fixed just as much as the WSOP is.
    Pens will win the Cup.

fyp:)
  • Hockey in June? I lost interest weeks ago...even my kids ball hockey league is almost finished and that started weeks ago after the ice was out. If they want exposure in the US Bettman first has to figure out how to make it snow in Arizona...
  • Pens in six. Stop whining and play the game, bishes . . .
  • Anyone want to make a bet? I'd like to wager some money on the Pens winning.
    Amount?

Don't matter, nothing too big. Already took Pens before the playoffs on Pinnacle, so this is just more of a friendly thing more than anything.

I would love to see Pens in 7 personally...just because I got tickets to game 7, but winning in 6 would be good too.
  • Bettman was on the Fan 590 (Toronto sports) last week and he said that the back to back games were scheduled last year. Believe him or not...
  • I still have faith the pens can come back even though they have to win the final two games. If they can get it to game 7 think they can get it done. Detroits been aweful on the road thus far and hopefully this trend can continue and somehow the pens can find a way in game 7. Home team can't win every game in this series can they.

As for scheduling I would have rather seen a game every other night, the way it used to be. But with arenas getting booked and tv deals, etc, etc this just isn't possible.

Wanna talk about fixed. Game 1 zetterberg covers the puck with his hand in the crease. Should be a penalty shot. If that was awarded and the pens had scored that would have made it a one goal game and you never know what might have happened if that was the case. Referee mcreary should wear his glasses next time. lol. Or how about game 2 I think it was when hossa hooked the guy under his arm, no penalty and detroit ended up scoring on the play. But whatever the pens are still okay I think.

Also took the pens on the series price. Whether they win or not just made a small wager so I don't really care that much one way or the other, but I would surely take the win.
  • mynick71 wrote: »
    I still have faith the pens can come back even though they have to win the final two games. If they can get it to game 7 think they can get it done. Detroits been aweful on the road thus far and hopefully this trend can continue and somehow the pens can find a way in game 7. Home team can't win every game in this series can they.

As for scheduling I would have rather seen a game every other night, the way it used to be. But with arenas getting booked and tv deals, etc, etc this just isn't possible.

Wanna talk about fixed. Game 1 zetterberg covers the puck with his hand in the crease. Should be a penalty shot. If that was awarded and the pens had scored that would have made it a one goal game and you never know what might have happened if that was the case. Referee mcreary should wear his glasses next time. lol. Or how about game 2 I think it was when hossa hooked the guy under his arm, no penalty and detroit ended up scoring on the play. But whatever the pens are still okay I think.

Also took the pens on the series price. Whether they win or not just made a small wager so I don't really care that much one way or the other, but I would surely take the win.

So now look at game 6

Zetterberg sent flying into Fleury by Pens D. Penalty Zetterberg.
    Lindstrom hooked Goal Pittsburgh
    Datsyuk hit was just as much of a charge as Kronwall to Havlat. no penalty vs 5 min major.
    Cleary breakaway. Hooked and then slashed no call.
    Need I bring up Malkin blowing a fuse at end of Game 2. No that wasn't trying to send a message.
    Need I go on. It is clear NHL wants the pretty boys to win so they can market the game and grow their huge fan base in Pheonix.

Detroit is clearly the better team up and down the lineup. Hank and Pavol make Malkin/Crosby invisible out there. That being said anything can happen in game 7.
  • Boy I love people with conspiracy theories that MAKE NO SENSE. Just sit back, enjoy the atmosphere of what has been a really good SCF and have fun with game seven. Dear lord, not everyone is against the Red Wings winning. It's hockey, it's back and forth and, for anyone who has watched a Red Wings home game, crazy bounces fucking happen.
  • Bounces are far different then missed/blown calls. Just call it consistently throughout a game. That's all I ask.
  • philliivey wrote: »

Can you blame him? Johan Franzen gave him a pretty bad (good?) check, and he missed the rest of the game. He DID make the line to shake most of the RW hands, he just missed Zetterberg. Boo Hoo>
  • It wasn't a snub he's just a kid that didn't know better and got caught up in the emotion. A bit embarrasing IMO but not really worth the talk after the fact. Congrats to both teams and we will see both back deep in the 2010 playoffs and most likely see the Leafs golfing early again.