GBH June 10th (Port Perry)

I just reserved my seat for this today. I'm the 21st seat reserved so far.

Comments

• Tempted to play this as a warmup to Vegas but the structure is not that great compared to equivalent buyins in Vegas. Only skill 5, patience 9.3. I understand that the fact that any wins over 5K being non taxable is a big advantage compared to US tournaments from a $$ perspective. As a comparison the Golden Nugget series, starting June 6th, starts with 12,000 chips, 40 min blinds, has a skill level of 6 and patience factor of 27 for only $225. Even the GBH 1K event only is skill 6, patience 17. The GN's twice daily bankroll builder donkaments ($125.) have a skill 6, patience 17 rating with 30 min blinds..
    How is the field strength in these GBH tournaments in comparison to decent Vegas tournaments? I'm trying to judge whether or not I have a reasonable chance at these.. I know I do in the $200-$500 events in Vegas, just not sure in these.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Tempted to play this as a warmup to Vegas but the structure is not that great compared to equivalent buyins in Vegas. Only skill 5, patience 9.3. I understand that the fact that any wins over 5K being non taxable is a big advantage compared to US tournaments from a $$ perspective. As a comparison the Golden Nugget series, starting June 6th, starts with 12,000 chips, 40 min blinds, has a skill level of 6 and patience factor of 27 for only $225. Even the GBH 1K event only is skill 6, patience 17. The GN's twice daily bankroll builder donkaments ($125.) have a skill 6, patience 17 rating with 30 min blinds..
    How is the field strength in these GBH tournaments in comparison to decent Vegas tournaments? I'm trying to judge whether or not I have a reasonable chance at these.. I know I do in the $200-$500 events in Vegas, just not sure in these.

My friend, with the heater you're on, I would play every possible tournament available.
  • Just got my seat
  • These GBH (including two Omaha tournaments) and other tax-free Ontario tournaments would be +EV for you...
    but it would lower my EV if you play, so GTFO! >:D
    compuease wrote: »
    I understand that the fact that any wins over 5K being non taxable is a big advantage compared to US tournaments from a $$ perspective....
    How is the field strength in these GBH tournaments