PokerStars: Double or Nothing?

Anyone else play these sit n go's? We were down to 6 players and on the final hand, 2 players got knocked out. In the lobby it shows the remaining 4 players as 1st, and then places 5 to 10.

It got me wondering if the person who finished 5th got the money or not...

Comments

• Interesting. I would imagine that that the eliminated player with more starting chips would be awarded the $$, but maybe not?

Check out your prize winnings. Was it the normal double* amount or slightly more?

*Not including the rake, of course.
  • In an 8 player game half the players (4) win double their buy-in (minus the rake). So when 4 players are eliminated the game is over and the remaining 4 players get the same amount ....hence the name: double or nothing.
  • gjwalk wrote: »
    In an 8 player game half the players (4) win double their buy-in (minus the rake). So when 4 players are eliminated the game is over and the remaining 4 players get the same amount ....hence the name: double or nothing.

The Stars DN's are 10 player...
  • I'm sure 5th place got the full payout. I've seen the same type of thing happen in satellites on Stars. Top 30 (say) got tickets. Down to 31 and two players got knocked out on the same hand. The one who had more chips before the KO showed as finishing 30th (while there were 29 1st place finishers) and in the table announcement/chat box he (along with the others) still got the "congratulations [player X]! You have won a ticket to..." announcement.
  • This has happened to me.

I had more starting chips than the 6th place finisher. I was paid, but the lobby said 5th. Everyone who won said 1st.
  • Yeah, at first I thought maybe the top 4 finishers got a bit more but according to those e-mails, it wasn't the case.

It's good to get confirmation that the 5th place finisher does make it into the money.
  • On several occasions in 10 player DoN Omaha I have put my tiny 1BBish stack in if there was another smaller stack forced all in (in the small blind for instance) to gang up knowing that I was next to be beaten on if he wins anyway. Many of those times one of the bigger stacks beats both of us and even if it says I finished 6th in the pop up (likely because there is no you have finished 5th message for DoNs), I have still received the congratulations email and the money.

As others have said, it is based on chip count, so if you have 40 chips utg and a sb is all in with 20 chips it probably is worth going all in anyway and hoping that it does not result in 20 chipper winning vs everyone and you finishing behind a bigger stack ( has not happened yet to me).

It's a fairly rare scenario, maybe once every few hundred DoNs or so.
  • Yeah, it is a rare scenario but I'm starting to a lot of these (I can't win at anything else) so it's good to know if it does come up.