Multi-Tabling

When multi-tabling do you find it easier playing cash or STT? When I play cash variance is higher, but so is the reward when I get paid off. However when I multi-table STT I seem more focused as I play tight early on and tend to worry about who I am playing only later when table is down to just a few left. Also am better when I am doing one or the other not so good when I combine the two together anyone else find this happens to them?

Comments

• I have been trying to master the multi tabling myself...I have found I am alright with 3-4 STT's as long as they aren't turbo's. I try to stagger the start times or run two 6 player and two 9 player..so short handed isn't so hectic.
  • It is much easier to multi-table STT/MTT as oppose to cash games. I have no problems with going as high as 12 or even 16 tables with playing STT/MTT, but cash the most I'm comfortable with is 6-8.

One of the reason for that is because there are alot more decisions to be made in cash games when you're deep, where as STT/MTT, decisions are often easier to make due to the increasing blinds.
  • staggering the starting time of STTs really helps in multi-tabling.
    i'm currently still working on my multi-table cash game play. i'm starting with three and slowly adding one at a time.
  • I'm the opposite. I find it easier to multi-table cash games instead of tournaments. With the blinds never changing in a cash game, I can use a static strategy and can quickly make a decision. With tournaments, the differing blinds, antes, prize structure, stack sizes, number of players left, etc. makes my equity-maximizing action different at every single table. It was pretty difficult at first, but I usually multi-table at least four different types of games at the same time:

- multi-table SNG
    - turbo SNG or tournament
    - rebuy tournament
    - cash games
    - multi-qualifier satellite
    - deep stack MTT.
    westside8 wrote: »
    It is much easier to multi-table STT/MTT as oppose to cash games. I have no problems with going as high as 12 or even 16 tables with playing STT/MTT, but cash the most I'm comfortable with is 6-8.

One of the reason for that is because there are alot more decisions to be made in cash games when you're deep, where as STT/MTT, decisions are often easier to make due to the increasing blinds.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I find it easier to multi-table cash games instead of tournaments. With the blinds never changing in a cash game, I can use a static strategy and can quickly make a decision.

You will then become easily exploitable by someone that's paying attention.
  • westside8 wrote: »

definitely true....
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    definitely true....
    westside8 wrote: »

*gone to look for blondefish*

oh wait...do you have to know what you are doing in order to exploit someone?
  • Blondefish finding cash games easier to multi-table is definitely not normal, and most of the poker community would find that the opposite is easier, the main reason being that in stt/mtt's depending on whatever the stage is, for decent players, decisions can be made in a split second. Also, a lot of the play in stts/mtts is just preflop decisions, whereas in cash games there is plenty more post-flop decisions to be made because you are playing 100bb-200bb+ poker....

I will admit that if we are talking about big-field MTTs, then multi-tabling these becomes more different than, say, 180-mans, because of some of the reasons Blondefish mentioned..