Random Cards?

Does anyone, besides me, wonder how the computer in online poker picks the cards that are played? I mean, do you think the whole deck is shuffled at once and then the cards come out in the same order, like a b&M game, no matter who's in, who folds, who bets etc. My theory is a card is randomly selected to be dealt, then the randomizer kicks in and selects the next card out of the ones that are left, and so on. This would be easier to program and even the computer wouldn't know which card is next (if it's truly random). If the latter is true, why get upset when you fold and then the card you needed for a flush or whatever comes up on the river. That card may not have come up if you were still in the hand because the randomizer would kick in on a different clock-cycle and likely choose a different card.

Comments

• It depends on the site.

If I remember correctly FTP uses a constant shuffle and PS uses a single shuffle.
  • gjwalk wrote: »
    Does anyone, besides me, wonder how the computer in online poker picks the cards that are played? I mean, do you think the whole deck is shuffled at once and then the cards come out in the same order, like a b&M game, no matter who's in, who folds, who bets etc. My theory is a card is randomly selected to be dealt, then the randomizer kicks in and selects the next card out of the ones that are left, and so on. This would be easier to program and even the computer wouldn't know which card is next (if it's truly random). If the latter is true, why get upset when you fold and then the card you needed for a flush or whatever comes up on the river. That card may not have come up if you were still in the hand because the randomizer would kick in on a different clock-cycle and likely choose a different card.

yeah, there's something about the idea that had i called a different card would have been selected than had i folded. i don't like this.
  • I'm agree. I'm okay with folding in the right spot and having my 2 outer hit on the next card if it is a single shuffle. Like in real cards, it happens. so be it. with the constant shuffle that makes it a bit harder to take. it shouldn't but it does....
  • The one that we programed for Fat Diamond Tables builds a deck in random order from the 52 cards each deal and then dealt the deck just like B&M.