Poker Millions :(

Watched this show tonight. I thought it was terrible. Poor coverage, poor commentary, no excitement. I just hope we dont' have to live with this type of coverage until the WSOP :banghead:

Comments

• I dont know, I watched it and didnt think it was that bad. Too me poker is poker no matter what the commentary is like. I like watching poker no matter what, unless it is freakin celeberty poker and then they just dont know how to play. But Poker Millions, too me anyways, was alright.
  • I saw the shows last night on TSN. Ho hum.

I liked the card display windows on the tables. And the assortment of eyewear displayed by Jac Arama. And that was about it.

They had no decent graphic overlays. No card by card % discussion.

The players for the most part were decent but few of them had any personality whatsoever. A couple played very badly. Some even broke a rule or two.

It was quite funny listening to one of the commentators get all excited when a miracle card would hit. It was almost like listening to that Spanish soccer commentator when someone scored... :tongue:
  • ... And, the next time I win a big pot at Brantford, I wonder if I should try that "throw all the chips up in the air, including all over the dealer and my opponent" method of celebrating! :)

macbb :canada:

P.S. I also like the guy who, when there were three left in the pot, folded by mucking his hand face-up ... nice :)
  • Well it partly has to do with we were making dinner when it came on but I turned it off after 5 minutes. I thought the giant view of the hole cards was funny.

I was excited to see Jimmy 'the cokehead' White playing poker! Is he still playing Snooker?

Any spoilers?
  • overall not that great ... especially when in during the section where they list the rank of hands ... the announcer decided a 4 of a kind didn't even exist i guess, since he went from full house to straight flush
  • What you have to remember is this was the first telivised poker million. The players were a mix of Snooker players and British professionals. I assure you, the second season is better. If anyone want to know who won read the post entitled "Poker Million Spoiler"
  • Jay845 wrote:
    Watched this show tonight. I thought it was terrible. Poor coverage, poor commentary, no excitement. I just hope we dont' have to live with this type of coverage until the WSOP :banghead:
    agreed 1000% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Dennis187 wrote:
    unless it is freakin celeberty poker and then they just dont know how to play.
    but the celebs are more entertaining than these clowns :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:D
  • I for sure agree on the horrid commentary.

The Poker Superstars Invitational showed on Fox I thought had good commentary and exiting action.

Unfortunately it doesnt air the final table until Febuaryish.
  • They are almost as bad as that one commentator they have for darts on tv occasionally. Retarded!