Full Tilt Poker Academy

I have been hearing a bit more lately about Full Tilt's new Poker Academy. I just was on the site and saw it is free to sign-up and was wondering if anyone here is using it? What is it exactly, is it like one of the other poker training sites? Is it any good? Interested to hear what people think about it and if it is worth checking out.

Comments

• There are certain challenges you can perform, and when you complete the requirements of them, you earn academy credits which can be used in the academy store to buy things.

Pro Challenges - Full Tilt Poker Academy
  • I signed up and watched some videos, did the quizzes, and placed on the highscore lists for multiple ones last month. I then got entered in a bunch of freerolls which entered me into the $5000 academy sit and go. Won like, $8 in that. I havent done any challenges yet but Ill probably start in a bit. It seems alright, I dont think it compares to legit training sites.
  • Min raising preflop at the academy sounds like a wonderful challenge. I understand the concept behind pot control..but christ...why not just beg everyone to chase..

no thanks.
  • I never saw that. Ive seen the challenge to not limp for 100 straight hands and fold marginal hands like A6s when faced with early pos. raisers.
  • Oh thats not so bad, its minraising early position. I think the point of it is to focus on position, not cards.
  • I've done a few of these. I like the money management one by Chris Ferguson, it has helped me to stay concious of my bankroll... some of the instructions are pretty basic. Others, if you follow the lessons to a tee they'll have you playing like a useless predictable bot in no time... but as long as you take them with that grain of salt they are still informative.

Other than that, I've had some problems with their reporting of my play to track challenge completion, but the support dealt with it quickly.

Still waiting on the store to come online to see how many points they'll charge for all that stuff.
  • i didn't even hear about this until this thread. i may join up and check it out. it's free so it can't hurt too much to try it. although i'm assuming that some of the lessons are crazy basic/repetitive/pointless.
  • I want the store to come up so I can know what things will cost. SOme of the challenges are very easy and you can do them over and over to get points.
  • BiiLLY wrote: »
    I want the store to come up so I can know what things will cost. SOme of the challenges are very easy and you can do them over and over to get points.

The store is up. PS I hear the Jen Harmen challenge is very easy for 6-max'ers and can be done multiple dones
  • Nice, store must have just went up... prices are reasonable too...

Not sure why they let us do the same challenges over and over. I play a lot of SNGs and just let a sit and go challenge run and don't even think about it.... Just reset it when its done...
  • hmm...we can redo the challenges? well...would be silly not to take the free points I guess..playing regardless.