FTP Super Turbo's MTT (300 chips)

Anyone else play these....probably not very +EV....but damn they're addictive.

My personal favourite is the $14+1 PLO Knockout....action junkies have 1 inch veins for this one.

Comments

• I've tried those 300 chip super turbos in NLHE and your right, they are addicting. Very fast paced for the first few rounds. I find its alot of all-ins (in the first stages) with the first Ax anyone picks up. But fun!!!
    Its nice to double or triple up in the first round then sit back and wait to pick off the smaller stacks. LOL
  • OPRC wrote: »
    I've tried those 300 chip super turbos in NLHE and your right, they are addicting. Very fast paced for the first few rounds. I find its alot of all-ins (in the first stages) with the first Ax anyone picks up. But fun!!!
    Its nice to double or triple up in the first round then sit back and wait to pick off the smaller stacks. LOL

Yeah, nice to get a couple big hands early, as you almost always can get it all in preflop with one or two callers....and hopefully you can hold on for the pot.

Played a $100 one last night....my bankroll said no, but I couldn't resist...a tonne of pros (= chance to get buy-in back by busting one)

Doubled up early, then got a 3 way all-in with A's, and chop with one guy for the bike. Then ran AK < K's.....finished about 100 / 300...good prize pool though.
  • I prefer to play the STTs instead of MTTs personally.
  • I love them... I wrote a strategy article about them ;)

How to Win Super Turbos
  • I registered late for one of these, didn't know you have to sit out an orbit first! A whole blind incresed while sitting out.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I registered late for one of these, didn't know you have to sit out an orbit first! A whole blind incresed while sitting out.

Wondered that myself...sometimes they make you sit out, sometimes you can get right in. Not sure what qualifies for either.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Wondered that myself...sometimes they make you sit out, sometimes you can get right in. Not sure what qualifies for either.

I would think it depends on where the blinds are (relative to your seat assignment) when you join.