Tight fold?

The reason I folded here was because of stack size. We're both sitting deep here so if he has the balls to re-raise me without the nuts, then I can't wait to nail him when I have something I can't fold. I'll get my chips back I'm not too worried. Anyway, hand analyses plz whatchu think. Also this fold PROBABLY came about because of all the beats I've taken today as well, what do you call that again? Monsters under the bed syndrome?

PokerStars Game #27937455036: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2009/05/07 18:30:41 ET
Table 'Algebar VII' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Piotrusiek86 ($5.15 in chips)
Seat 2: PSXMachine ($4.93 in chips)
Seat 3: WeaselTeets ($4.59 in chips)
Seat 4: Héron ($1.91 in chips)
Seat 5: JPQ77 ($2.32 in chips)
Seat 6: Quinner777 ($5.99 in chips)
Piotrusiek86: posts small blind $0.01
PSXMachine: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Quinner777 [Qh As]
WeaselTeets: folds
Héron: calls $0.02
JPQ77: calls $0.02
Quinner777: raises $0.08 to $0.10
Piotrusiek86: folds
PSXMachine: calls $0.08
Héron: calls $0.08
JPQ77: calls $0.08
*** FLOP *** [Kd 4c Th]
PSXMachine: checks
Héron: bets $0.02
JPQ77: folds
Quinner777: calls $0.02
PSXMachine: calls $0.02
*** TURN *** [Kd 4c Th] [4d]
Héron: bets $0.02
Quinner777: calls $0.02
PSXMachine: calls $0.02
*** RIVER *** [Kd 4c Th 4d] [Jd]
Héron: bets $0.50
Quinner777: raises $0.52 to $1.02
PSXMachine: raises $1.68 to $2.70
Héron: calls $1.27 and is all-in
Quinner777: folds
Uncalled bet ($0.93) returned to PSXMachine
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PSXMachine: shows [Qd Ac] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Héron: mucks hand
PSXMachine collected $4.84 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $5.09 | Rake $0.25
Board [Kd 4c Th 4d Jd]
Seat 1: Piotrusiek86 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: PSXMachine (big blind) showed [Qd Ac] and won ($4.84) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 3: WeaselTeets folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Héron mucked [Tc Jh]
Seat 5: JPQ77 folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Quinner777 (button) folded on the River

I mean how often does he NOT have the flush here???

Comments

• Preflop - you didn't raise enough. You already have two limpers in the pot, which just gives decent calling odds behind your raise. With two limpers in front, I would pump it up to 0.12 to go. Make them pay to play, and it represents your hand better to the rest of the table.

Flop - four to the pot, you're in late position. You missed the flop, but I guarantee you someone else didn't. Right now you only have a Q high backdoor flush draw, nothing...I would fold to any bet here at all.

Calling here is a big mistake. You raised preflop and now show a lot of weakness by cold calling a small bet. If you're trying to win the pot, make it a pot sized bet to represent that you DID hit. Personally, a fold or check fold is my only option open. As played, you don't know anything about anyone else's hand again, all you know is you missed.

Turn and river only make it much worse to continue in this hand imo. Yea, sure you would have hit a straight, and split the pot, but there's a crap load of better hands that SHOULD have won.

As played, check/call river for a small beat. Anything bigger than 1/2 pot and I'm mucking.
  • Hmm I guess I should kinda explain here why I did what I did.

Firstly I will never go away for a min bet. Why? Because if I hit any sort of monster hand it more than makes up for the small bits and pieces of min bets I occasionally call with. In this example if the Jack comes I'm probably going to take down the pot. As played if the Ace hits I'm probably still taking down this pot, also I may still have the best hand at the moment, and finally min bets just annoy the crap out of me.

Let me pause here to say that rarely will I ever play a hand like this at any other limit, but I find here through experience that it has been in fact, profitable.

I also don't like changing my raising based on the strength of my hand isn't it an easy way to get a read on me? Sometimes I will raise more but in general I don't like too.

Hmm now that I think of it maybe I should only apply that to my OPENING raises say 68s from the cutoff should look the same as an AQ's bet if I'm the opener. In this situation I'm letting in the limpers too cheap right? That makes sense to me.

In retrospect this was probably a bad hand to post as it really doesn't represent a way I would usually play a hand like AQ.