Jays making opponents look stupid

It's sick. I think they need to bring in a mercy rule.

Seriously considering Jays/Yankees on Tues. Halladay vs Burnett

Anyone up for this?

Comments

• Wut?

2009 Toronto Blue Jays Sortable Schedule | bluejays.com: Schedule

I count 4 games that score-wise look like they were blowouts. And 3 of those were in the first half of the games they've played so far.

/g2
  • They lead the league in runs scored by 28 runs, almost a full extra run per game. 20% of their games have reached double figures. Sick.
  • Oh cool. I don't follow baseball so I had nothing to compare with.

/g2
  • The Jays are something like 70-40 since Cito Gaston was rehired last season.
    What's really amazing is that our starting pitching is basically Triple-A pitchers minis the Doc, of course. The kids have filled in great.

I know it's still early, and we haven't played the Red Sox/Yankees/Rays yet, but I'm starting to BELIEVE.

GO JAYS!
  • No need to start "believing" yet. It's the second week of May. Just enjoy the ride.

BTW good point about Cito's record since returning. I have been pointing it out to a bunch of awe struck fans this season and have won a few beers thanks to their disbelief. Crackberries are awesome for retreiving useless information that confirms bets.
  • Magic number is 132.

No takers for Jays/Yankees Tues?
  • My daughter, my Dad and I will be at the Wednesday game. Don't think I need to do tuesday as well.
  • moose wrote: »
    Magic number is 132.

No takers for Jays/Yankees Tues?

My brothers birthday Sunday and he's a Yankees fan so that Tuesday game sounds good, just searching ebay now for tickets. Who else is heading down? where you guys looking to sit?
  • Hobbes and I are heading out 4:30ish for the game.
  • and Doc will make AJ and the yanks look stupid.
  • YES!

Roy pitches a complete game 5-hitter. Jays win 5-1!!!!!

AJ-not so much :)

Best fan sign of the night: "Call the Doc, A-Rod needs another shot!"
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

Best fan sign of the night: "Call the Doc, A-Rod needs another shot!"

nah, it was the guy with the sign that said...

Hey A-Rod what would you do with a 50 day vacation ;)

Loads of fun tonight. :)
  • The place was definitely rockin. Sincerely recommend the electronic ticket booths placed around the Dome. Short line at gate 6. Thank god. I got the tix before Hobbes had got the dogs. The manned ticket booths had lineups miles long and on the radio someone mentioned they didn't get their tickets and get inside until the 5th inning. I totally believe it because Hobbes and I watched as the 5th deck slowly filled up over the innings. 43700 fans and really no open seats in the 5th deck, just a few in the 2nd deck.

Basically stood from the 7th inning on, cheering and clapping, booing the Yankees fans out of the stadium and picking a fight with the Yankees right fielder, Melky Cabrera, who was being an ass. It was Go Jays Go Melky Sucks, which transformed into Go Jays Go Yankees Suck. Booing A-Roid and AJ was fun too.

Great times. Great game. Playoff atmosphere.
  • They're off to a great start for sure.
  • I read there were 13500 walkups last night. Hopefully a big crowd for tonight too.
  • moose wrote: »
    I read there were 13500 walkups last night. Hopefully a big crowd for tonight too.

It will be. Mostly Yankee fans though :(
  • Woooot.

Downs will remain as closer when Ryan returns from the DL...