Deposit/Withdraw Options?

Hello everyone,

Thought I would start trying some online poker, and decided on full tilt for the tournament indicator sign-up bonus. They appear to use Instadebit/Moneybookers, and after some googling, it seems Scotia Bank hates online betting (My only bank account/credit card)!

How do you guys deposit and withdraw money? Wire transfers to CIBC? TD Credit cards? What works and what doesn't? I've seen some talk of this, but all the google results are from early 2008.

Comments

• TD Visa
    PC Mastercard
  • No bank wires?
  • How much do you want to deposit and on what site?
  • I'm planning on trying:

FullTilt
    PokerStars
    Party Poker
    Ultimate Bet

I have read that a lot of Canadian banks don't allow online sports betting/poker, so I wanted to know where I should open an account.

My deposits will probably be around $500-600.
  • Read my previous posts for the details, but here are the optimum ways to get set up for online poker:

1) Open a TD Borderless Plan U$ chequing account. It includes fee-free TD U$ VISA credit card, which can be used to make your initial deposit online.

2) Moneybookers has been a pain for me, but there may not be a better e-wallet for transferring funds between sites. Get referred by a friend, then that friend can transfer your initial deposit.

3) Make sure you get rakeback with FTP and other sites. Sign up with FTP by getting referred by a friend to a third-party site that offers 27% rakeback plus other bonuses.

4) Ideally, join PartyPoker through an affiliate who may be willing to give you some of your rake back or other benefits. Or you can use PartyPoker for the Tournament Indicator sign-up bonus.

5) PokerStars has the worst bonus, so you may be better off building your bankroll first through PartyPoker's $500 and FTP's $600 sign-up bonuses. PartyPoker has a $1,000,000 rake race promotion in May.

6) Ultimate Bet, Absolute Poker and Cereus should be the last sites you would ever want to join unless you like getting cheated. :rage:

6) Withdraw your winnings via bank wire transfer from the site or Moneybookers to your TD Borderless Plan.
    Median wrote: »
    I'm planning on trying:
    FullTilt
    PokerStars
    Party Poker
    Ultimate Bet
    My deposits will probably be around $500-600.
  • Has anybody been charged higher wire transfer fees? After I did a cashout last month, I later noticed that my final deposit was $42 less. TD claims that it only took out its normal $10 fee, and the site also took $10 (later reimbursed for being a frequent player), but somehow an extra $22 disappeared.
    1) Open a TD Borderless Plan U$ chequing account. It includes fee-free TD U$ VISA credit card, which can be used to make your initial deposit online.

2) Moneybookers has been a pain for me, but there may not be a better e-wallet for transferring funds between sites. Get referred by a friend, then that friend can transfer your initial deposit.

3) Make sure you get rakeback with FTP and other sites. Sign up with FTP by getting referred by a friend to a third-party site that offers 27% rakeback plus other bonuses.

4) Ideally, join PartyPoker through an affiliate who may be willing to give you some of your rake back or other benefits. Or you can use PartyPoker for the Tournament Indicator sign-up bonus.

5) PokerStars has the worst bonus, so you may be better off building your bankroll first through PartyPoker's $500 and FTP's $600 sign-up bonuses. PartyPoker has a $1,000,000 rake race promotion in May.

6) Ultimate Bet, Absolute Poker and Cereus should be the last sites you would ever want to join unless you like getting cheated. :rage:

6) Withdraw your winnings via bank wire transfer from the site or Moneybookers to your TD Borderless Plan.
  • There may have been more than 1 bank involved.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    After I did a cashout last month,
    What is this cashout option you mention? :) Is this something new?