Comments

• What astonished me was that the audience cheered and clapped ... amazing!

Sad to say but, my guess is that it's going to be about ten years before gays in the US get treated like human beings.
  • She basically said she did not believe in it, but was happy to live in a country where people were free to choose what's best for them. I think the applause was for a fairly reasoned explanation of her PERSONAL beliefs. Good for her, and a big fuck off to the supposed "Liberals" who wanted her crucified for daring to have an opinion other then what they agree with, and to speak her mind . . .
  • I actually called it between her and North Carolina during the start of the show... I think if that is what she believes then its better that she is honest then tells a lie.
  • I think she answered it wonderfully. The question was how she felt about it. She niether ducked the answer nor shat on the issue. She said she is proud to live in a Country that allows for choices but then gave her personal view.

I don't agree with her opinion on it but she's certainly entitled to it and shouldn't have to duck the answer to be politically correct. I give her lots of credit for being honest.
  • I think it's awesome. Now we know she's not gay. :wav:. At least she didn't say that she didn't know where Vermot was and blame it on a lack of maps and everywhere such as South Africa and the Iraq.
  • moose wrote: »
    I think it's awesome. Now we know she's not gay. :wav:. At least she didn't say that she didn't know where Vermot was and blame it on a lack of maps and everywhere such as South Africa and the Iraq, such like . . .

Fixed it for you. What I would like to know is, why no outrage at Perez Hilton (nice weight loss, douche)?
  • For the record, she was a distant 2nd to the eventual winner on the judges scorecards before the speech part.. so when it's being painted like she didn't win because of her views.. it's wrong.

(I assume that beauty contest judging and boxing judging are the same and NC had a few 10-8 rounds in there).
  • Milo wrote: »
    She basically said she did not believe in it, but was happy to live in a country where people were free to choose what's best for them. I think the applause was for a fairly reasoned explanation of her PERSONAL beliefs. Good for her, and a big fuck off to the supposed "Liberals" who wanted her crucified for daring to have an opinion other then what they agree with, and to speak her mind . . .

Hooray for her.....she's happy to live in a country where people are free to live in less than 10% of the states if they want to marry someone of the same sex. Free indeed.

It's her opinion that counts in answering the question and that's fine. Mentioning the freedom that her great country allows is clearly pandering and semi-retarded....just what the judges and most americans want to hear.