Stars finally have WSOP games/sats

Just noticed today that Pokerstars has got their WSOP events going. Just wondering what the majority think of their prize pkgs and bonus offers for those that qualify. Compared to the other sites.

Comments

• I like PartyPoker's the best because of the guaranteed bonuses. PokerStars charges ~U$1K from the satellite prize pool for the accommodation, while PartyPoker's accommodation is a totally free bonus. So you get twice as much cash for spending money from PartyPoker's package at U$2K than PokerStars.

PartyPoker is the only site I know so far that guarantees a cash win to all its qualifiers ($200K bonus), while you have to cash at PokerStar's extra tournaments in order to win any cash. PokerStars doesn't seem to have a VIP hospitality suite unlike the PartyPoker Suite and Everest. Last but not least, if you win more than one package at PartyPoker, instead of W$ or tournament dollars, you get $12K CASH in your account that you can withdraw and spend soon.
  • I am going to miss some of the seriously insane overlays that some of the crypto rooms had last year (25 people for a package on Plex for instance for those who generated about $300+ in rake the month before).

Stars has added an upgrade to Super Nova for all of those who qualify via satellites, which certainly is added value for some, but not all players. They do seem to want to be the leader in this area so you should consider emailing them with the comparison between the sites.

Good luck to all those who participate.
  • I am going to take a run at WSOP throught the steps this year.

I know some don't like the odds but 6+ hours in a MTT is hard for me to do because of time.

Here is where I sit now:

1 - step 1 ticket
    4 - step 3 tickets
    1 - step 4 ticket

two of the tickets were won through the FPP MMT that are a crapshoot. Total investment to date = $ 45.00

My goal is to get 6 step 4 tickets and then take a run at the level 6 - 12 man.
  • GL DeadMoney!
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    I am going to take a run at WSOP throught the steps this year.

I know some don't like the odds but 6+ hours in a MTT is hard for me to do because of time.

Here is where I sit now:

1 - step 1 ticket
    4 - step 3 tickets
    1 - step 4 ticket

two of the tickets were won through the FPP MMT that are a crapshoot. Total investment to date = $ 45.00

GL...I'm trying the same thing through FPP's

Wish they had Step 4's into smaller WSOP events (ie. $1000 - $2000 events)
  • Is FT the only site offering prize pkg's for other WSOP events besides the ME? FT is offering wins into the other NLHE events as well as the ME. Just wondering if the other sites are as well.
  • Everest and PartyPoker have satellites to the $1,500 events. If anybody has at least 11,900 PartyPoker points, you can redeem for various Las Vegas rewards, starting from 7 nights accommodation to a WSOP Elite Package that is worth at least U$20,000!
    OPRC wrote: »
    Is FT the only site offering prize pkg's for other WSOP events besides the ME?
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    I am going to take a run at WSOP throught the steps this year.

Here is where I sit now:

1 - step 1 ticket
    4 - step 3 tickets
    1 - step 4 ticket

Good luck. I really don't wish ill.

But....

I hate to sound like a broken record, but for almost everyone steps is an awful idea.
  • Good luck. I really don't wish ill.

But....

I hate to sound like a broken record, but for almost everyone steps is an awful idea.

Think everyone gets that, but if you're using FPP's to get in.....I see it as more of a freeroll. But, to each their own.
  • Pokerstars 2009 WSOP Satellites (FIRST LINK ISNT WORKING - USE 2nd)
    Pokerstars 2009 WSOP Satellites

I wrote an article putting everything together.