Pokerstars should be renamed

:rage: They should be calling it donkey or bingostars.First off i personally think the site is fixed.It favors the bigger stacks all the time.Example if someone raises you and you are the smaller stack and push all in and they call you you are almost guaranteed to get the boot.You can have pocket Kings and someone will call with Ace 6 you are almost guaranteed to see an ace or two sixes.You see aces cracked by runner runner or the board straightening out all the time.I saw AA KK and 44 destroyed by Q6 just because some moron had them covered.Coincidence? i don't think so!That happens so much on pokerstars it gets me frustrated.Maybe some people will disagree with me but if you play on there lots like i do you will start to notice the pattern.People will say "then why play there" Well i do cash in quite often.Iam just warning newcomers to that site to be very careful.Even the skilled players take savage beats by the computer program at pokerstars.nuff said.

Comments

• Hold on Captain! I think we're running low on tin foil to make more hats...
  • You are probably the 148th person to post a similar story here. Pokerstars has no reason to rig their site. They make billions off of just rake. /discussion
  • :rage: They should be calling it donkey or bingostars.First off i personally think the site is fixed.It favors the bigger stacks all the time.Example if someone raises you and you are the smaller stack and push all in and they call you you are almost guaranteed to get the boot.You can have pocket Kings and someone will call with Ace 6 you are almost guaranteed to see an ace or two sixes.You see aces cracked by runner runner or the board straightening out all the time.I saw AA KK and 44 destroyed by Q6 just because some moron had them covered.Coincidence? i don't think so!That happens so much on pokerstars it gets me frustrated.Maybe some people will disagree with me but if you play on there lots like i do you will start to notice the pattern.People will say "then why play there" Well i do cash in quite often.Iam just warning newcomers to that site to be very careful.Even the skilled players take savage beats by the computer program at pokerstars.nuff said.

This will not end well...
  • Op4mod!!!
  • Hey you bastards>>layoff pokerstars is sofuckinggggggggggggggggggggggggggrigged inever play onilne "cause even though i am in the top 5 playerz at my weekly bar freeroll inever makes maney at online>all you douchefuckers just don"t know.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Hey you bastards>>layoff pokerstars is sofuckinggggggggggggggggggggggggggrigged inever play onilne "cause even though i am in the top 5 playerz at my weekly bar freeroll inever makes maney at online>all you douchefuckers just don"t know.

tl;dr
  • Yeah I think it has been 3 weeks or so since a "it's rigged" post has been made. Thanks for the refresher...

I guess my question is, why are you always the short stack and never the big stack? That may help remove the "rigged" element from the game/site.

Cheers and gl. Remember if you need any help with strategy and stuff feel free to post it in the appropriate forum. I will gladly add my own insight to help you out.
  • Can we just put the OP on some sort of loop so that it automatically pops up randomly every 5-6 weeks? It would make life so much easier for newbs who want to rant. It would also allow them to get right down to posting other nonsense . . .

just saying
  • i am in favor of the opposite, it seems all those dumb short stackers seem to always win with total garbage. omg its so rigged
  • Thank-you for your insight blacmagicz.I don't remember saying that i am always the shorter stack? Iwas just stating that when people are the shorter stack the computer lines them up and disposes of them that's all.Cheers and good luck to you too :)
  • Iwas just stating that when people are the shorter stack the computer lines them up and disposes of them that's all.Cheers and good luck to you too :)

So wrong. I've seen so many shortys luckbox their way into healthy stacks, (usually around bubble time) then ITM.

Hell, I've done it a few times.
  • Thank-you for your insight blacmagicz.I don't remember saying that i am always the shorter stack? Iwas just stating that when people are the shorter stack the computer lines them up and disposes of them that's all.Cheers and good luck to you too :)

Think of all the times your Kings held up and you busted a guy... oh wait, you probably don't remember them because that is what is supposed to happen. The problem is that events that AREN'T supposed to happen stand out way more in your mind which is leading you to this conclusion.
  • I think what gets most people is that sometimes you run hot and sometimes you run cold, then there's the worst running hot...in terms of starting hands, and then running into a cold deck once the flop hits.

I think I notice patterns too on pokerstars especially it seems to me that I run into a horrific bad beat streak....however there are some days where I will double my bankroll with a little bit of luck and skill, but then the next day will be a losing day. These things do happen but I for one just believe in the math and the probability which is obviously what a computer program (aka pokerstars software) is based off of. Yes it is possible to go on a 4 month losing streak, likely? No, possible? Always. Just remember that as time or hands approaches infinity, your bad and cold streaks balance out to 50%. This is why poker is a game of skill and not luck.

My suggestion to OP would be, stick with it, and remember that every bad beat you get - means YOU are playing well!! NEVER FORGET THAT. Even if you are only 60 to 40 favourite, remember over time if you can keep getting your money in good, you will be a long term winner. Bad beats and cold streaks happen to everyone, pokerstars is not rigged. My belief from that comes from the success stories I hear, on top of looking at sharkscope graphs. There are people out there making thousands of dollars at poker, and I'd bet money that when they started out at the lower levels they took the bad beats just as much as the next guy.
  • Quinner wrote: »
    I think what gets most people is that sometimes you run hot and sometimes you run cold, then there's the worst running hot...in terms of starting hands, and then running into a cold deck once the flop hits.

I think I notice patterns too on pokerstars especially it seems to me that I run into a horrific bad beat streak....however there are some days where I will double my bankroll with a little bit of luck and skill, but then the next day will be a losing day. These things do happen but I for one just believe in the math and the probability which is obviously what a computer program (aka pokerstars software) is based off of. Yes it is possible to go on a 4 month losing streak, likely? No, possible? Always. Just remember that as time or hands approaches infinity, your bad and cold streaks balance out to 50%. This is why poker is a game of skill and not luck.

My suggestion to OP would be, stick with it, and remember that every bad beat you get - means YOU are playing well!! NEVER FORGET THAT. Even if you are only 60 to 40 favourite, remember over time if you can keep getting your money in good, you will be a long term winner. Bad beats and cold streaks happen to everyone, pokerstars is not rigged. My belief from that comes from the success stories I hear, on top of looking at sharkscope graphs. There are people out there making thousands of dollars at poker, and I'd bet money that when they started out at the lower levels they took the bad beats just as much as the next guy.

secret wrote: »
    tl;dr

You really need to talk to Wetts1012. He can explain the math MUCH better than I but, trust me on this, AA vs. Q6 is basically a 50/50 proposition. There's a whole thread discussing it. Might make you feel a little better about some of those "beats." :D
  • The online gaming rooms don’t care who wins, just that you play and pay. The only dangers come from outside sources in cheating. The sites spend a lot of money in an effort to prevent that. RNG are just that, Random. One we had for Fat Diamond Automated tables had to be certified by independent labs. The process required us to send 3 separate sets of 1 million deals of 15 cards each. These are tested for patterns, variation and a lot of other criteria. Don’t worry about the gaming site, worry about poker. If you think poker should be fair, quite now.
  • Yes, i too have said the same thing...its rigged..but that was after wicked bad beats. But if you actually think about a few things, ya see it was just a bad beat. I don't think i have ever read or heard anyone saying...omg it's rigged, my AA held up..i caught my str8 on the flop and it held up against an all-in shove, or i turned my boat and beat the guys flopped set..it's soo rigged! it's always those on the losing end of it. But as so many have stated, these sites make so much money that "rigging" it would be insane. How about live games, do you think the same way? It's rigged? Or is it the fact that in online play, you will play 40-50 hands an hour against maybe 15-25 hands per hour live. So you would have to play 10 hours of live games to see the amounts of hands you would in 2-3 hours of online play. So of course the beats are gonna seem like alot more.
    I'm not sure if this is true, but just what i have noticed watching some ring game tables, and thats that in the higher limit tables 10/20 +, vs the .05/.10 tables...the calibre of players is much greater and therefore i see much better play. On the .05/.10 tables...it's cheap, people will call with just about anything, and why not, for .10 cents to see the flop,leading to alot more bad beats of solid cards, i would call everything as well. But for $10 a flop, i would be alot more selective.
    I guess the same could be said for the $1 buy-in MTT's vs the $50 MTT's...on the $1 ones...i see a ton going all-in first hand, and why not...it's only a buck. But on the $50 buy-in MTT's, ya don't see it.
  • Thank-you QUINNER.I Actually feel like playing again. Only if there was more people like you
  • You are the man!
  • Welcome back to online poker . I will remove the doomswitch when I email online poker support.

Please be re-depositing....lol