Laydown I'm proud of

Hi,

I played in the last Port Perry tournament, and wanted to talk about a great hand I had. It was about 2 1/2 hours into tournament, about 45 players/88 left. I was in early position with QQ. At the time, I was 1st or 2nd at my table in chips. The blinds were around 300/600. I raised 1800. 2 players folded, then the third player re-raised all in. Everyone folded back to me. I asked for a count. He had about 10,000 in chips, I had about 12K. I knew if I called and lost, I would be the shortstack at my table. I started going though this players previous plays in my head. I knew that HE knew I was a tight player, and that my early position raise was threatening. I just thought to myself, Would this player risk his tournament with JJ? No. Would he do it with AK? Maybe. I figured there was about a 50% chance he had AK, which would have been a race, and about a 50% chance he had AA or KK, which I was a big dog to. I just didn't see him making this play with anything else. After about 45 seconds, I stated "nice hand", and layed my QQ face up on the table. He looked terribly disapointed, and flahsed his KK to me.

I ended up losing two races in a row, getting kicked out in the mid 20's of the tournament, but that play will stick in my mind. Its amazing how much you learn every single time you play a live tournament.