UFC Main Event Thoughts from last night

As the crowd of 21,000+ said at the Bell Centre last night "BullShit"

Comments

• Silva, like Machida, is a tactician. Rogan said it on the broadcast, he is not going to jeopardize a victory just to put on a "show". Fans may not like it much, but he gets paid to win, nothing else. Why do you think he is not a great PPV draw, and Liddell is?
  • Not blaming Silva, nothing he could do with a guy like Thales turtling every 45 seconds. But I think Dana summed it up after the post conference fight: "Were you embarrassed by the Main event?...a little"

21,000+ Can not be all wrong...
  • Milo wrote: »
    Silva, like Machida, is a tactician. Rogan said it on the broadcast, he is not going to jeopardize a victory just to put on a "show". Fans may not like it much, but he gets paid to win, nothing else. Why do you think he is not a great PPV draw, and Liddell is?

I agree with this - but his style hinders his marketability, and will be the downfall of a great fighter imo. Its too bad, but the "show" sells.

I dont really think White is the type of guy that cares about the spirit of competition.
  • That's why my favourite fighter in the UFC is Clay Guida. That little troll is all action, all the time. Win or lose, he puts on a show . . .
  • I blame Dana for putting gun shy opponents in the ring with Silva. Silva has proven that he's willing to go out and beat the champ when he was challenger. Remember, "To be the man, you got to beat the man". He fooled around with Cote in the first round of that fight but then he was getting down to business in the second, and just about finished him before the bell. I have no doubt that Cote would have been finished very soon had he not injured himself.

The next challenger should put on a good show. It would probably have to be either Quarry or Marquardt, followed by the winner of the Bisping/Hendo match. I think Maia against Silva would be a replay of this fight so I wouldn't want to see that.

The whole card was garbage. Looking forward to July. That'll be an awesome card
  • So you did not enjoy the Liddell fight? Maia will not be afraid to engage. He has sufficient striking ability to close with Silva. Once he gets his arms on Silva, I think the fight is over.