Woodbridge Trip report

I went to Woodbridge on Tues for the $250 buyin no limit tournament.
I was able to meet a few poker forum members that I hadnt met before, Acesfull, Azkim and Gaamblor. All Aces was also there.

I was very impressed with the structure of the tournament and with the organization. Well done Azim and all involved.

Here are a couple of hands I would be interested in some feedback on.
Blinds are 200-400
I had just doubled up with 22 against a loose crazy player who called my 1600 all in raise with J 8 off. I then flopped 2 pair with Kh 4h in the big blind and trippled up. So I have around 12 000 in chips when I get 8h9h on the button. 2 limpers to me so i limp in. All Aces was in the small and folded, the big blind checks so we see the flop 4 handed.
Flop is Kh 8 5h
I have middle pair and a 4 flush
checked around to me so I bet 1200
loose player calls( same guy who doubled me with J 8 off)
I think the remaining players folded at this point but I am not positive.
Turn is Jh for a board of Kh 8 5h Jh
I have a flush
Loose player bets out 4000
we have close to the same amount of chips but he might have me covered by a few thousand.
What would you do?
I have no doubt in my mind that My hand is good, so how do I maximize my win. I think about smooth calling, He is very capable of bluffing here, since I am sure he thinks I have a King. But my concern is that he might have a heart in his hand higher than my 9, maybe J 10h or J Qh and if he does I know he will call a raise and go for the flush. If he is bluffing with absolutely no draw then he will not call a raise but he might fire again on the river and I can win some more chips from him that way.
What to do?
I decide to move all in and hope that he has either a draw of some kind or he actually has a made hand like 2 pair or something to pay me off with.
He thinks for a while and folds. I think I missed a chance to win some more chips here the more a think about this hand. He was trying to bluff me out on the turn, he put me on a King and thought I would fold when the flush card hit. He most likley had 1 pair and was drawing dead to me. a smooth call might have been the best way to win more chips from him.
What do you think?

I make it to the final table with 20 000
we are 11 handed with the final 7 making the money

Play is very tight as most people dont want to bust out at this point so close to the money.

I have to say that I am very disapointed with my play at the final table.
I had a couple of chances to get my chips in and failed to do it. I was playing scared for some reason. Not like me at all.
Here is an example
blind are 1000-2000 avg stack is approx 25 000 we are 11 handed
I have 18 000 on the button
2 limpers to me I call the 2000 blind with Ks8s
flop is Js 10 and another spade 5 or 6 I cant remember
early limper bets out 3000
folded to me
there is around 10 000 in the pot
The 3000 bet seems fishy to me, it either a weak attempt to pick up the pot now or he has a big hand and wants to be raised.
I call
I miss the flush and fold to his turn bet
Looking back on this hand I hate the way I played it
I have a below avg stack and need to win some chips, I probably shouldnt have limped in before the flop in the first place. Once I did I flopped the flush draw. I think I should have pushed all in on the flop and gambled here.
I might have won the pot on the flop. There is a chance that the 3000 flop bet was a weak attempt to pick up the pot and if I had raised He might not call. If my raise is called I have a chance to make the flush or hit a king and both of those hands would probably be good.
Any thoughts
Blinds are 2000- 4000 I have 15 000

I bust out in 9th place when I move all in with 77 and run into 99
I actually have 1 chip left after loosing this pot but I get 77 again when I am 2nd UTG and throw my last chip in
I lose to 88

Any way I had a great time. The food was good, the players were freindly and the tournament was very well organized. I will definetely be back to play again.

Comments

• Nice Report Mark.

Just to let any other interested players know, we had 71 players this week, top 7 were paid and the winner received $9,400

If anyone would like to attend, please email me for details on info@thepokerresource.com

I am expecting 80 players next week. The maximum amount of players we can cater for is 88 (8 tables of 11). If you would like to attend but think you will be late, I can reserve seats for you.

Thanks
    Azim
  • Dick Hertz wrote:
    I think I missed a chance to win some more chips here the more a think about this hand. He was trying to bluff me out on the turn, he put me on a King and thought I would fold when the flush card hit. He most likley had 1 pair and was drawing dead to me. a smooth call might have been the best way to win more chips from him.
    What do you think?

it wasnt a bad play - if you called and another flush card came down you would have been terrified to bet or call his all-in