Headline in June 2009

For those ridiculous Habs fans on this forum...expect to see this headline in your future...

BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!

Comments

• Yea...

I love "The Onion" too

Mark
  • And the trash talking begins!!!!! That's going to be just one of some really interesting series.

Can't wait for playoff hockey!

Having been a die hard Canuck fan over the past number of years, I can't wait to wear the Canuck memorabelia around town and rub the fact the Maple Loafs are out of the playoffs again in their sad little fans faces!

I noticed the annual firings have already begun for the non playoff attendees.
  • This post is 13 days late.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Yea...

I love "The Onion" too

Mark

And that was an awesome response!!! Nice one Mark.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    This post is 13 days late.

Never to late to celebrate a Habs beating, if you ask me ;)

The Onion...don't get it Mark

If Boston can get through the damn Habs, they'll surely win the East. And I'm hoping San Jose takes the West this year. To see Thorton back in Boston again, but NOT in a Bruins jersery? Man, that would be justice.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Never to late to celebrate a Habs beating, if you ask me ;)

The Onion...don't get it Mark

If Boston can get through the damn Habs, they'll surely win the East. And I'm hoping San Jose takes the West this year. To see Thorton back in Boston again, but NOT in a Bruins jersery? Man, that would be justice.

LOL sorry I generally assumed the bruins winning the Stanley Cup was an April fools joke.

Carry on ;)
  • With a healthy Markov I would make the upset call. As it is it will take some great play by Price to get it done. They have underachieved all year though so I guess they're due.....If I remember correctly they limped into the playoffs in '93 too.

Regardless the Bruins won't win the Cup. Might as well focus on golf AJ.
    For those ridiculous Habs fans on this forum...expect to see this headline in your future...

BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!

Sometime in the future I'm sure, but not this year STR8.

more like this:

BRUINS UPSET BY HABS IN 5!!!
  • pokrgod wrote: »
    Sometime in the future I'm sure, but not this year STR8.

more like this:

BRUINS UPSET BY HABS IN 5!!!

Oh pokrgod...you REALLY need to change your supplier of whatever substance you appear to be on at the moment. Its affecting your brain, man.
    Oh pokrgod...you REALLY need to change your supplier of whatever substance you appear to be on at the moment. Its affecting your brain, man.

2002 my friend. History will repeat itself. 'nuff said. Oh and I like the substance I'm on. It's cheap ;)
  • pokrgod wrote: »
    Oh and I like the substance I'm on. It's cheap ;)

That's obvious ;)

I remember 2002...heartbreaking...but I also remember LAST year...Habs up 3 games to nothing...Bruins came back to go to game 7...and it was a great game.

Its Boston's Time to Shine!

where the hell is Eric...thought he would have chimed in by now
  • Go Bruins go!
    where the hell is Eric...thought he would have chimed in by now

I ran him off years ago, afaik.
  • that's one!
  • Jeez, AJ, calm down. Next thing you know you'll be planning a parade. It's just one win. They need, what?, 15 more?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Jeez, AJ, calm down. Next thing you know you'll be planning a parade. It's just one win. They need, what?, 15 more?

Every journey begins with a single step...some guy named Confusious I think

GO BRUINS GO!!!
  • Oh come on...at least make it interesting.

THAT'S TWO!!
  • Can you say "SWEEP"?

3!!!!
  • I think you can.

Our best offensive defenseman is a 5' 10", 20 year old Swiss. I hate the Leafs more than ever right now.
  • Just saw an ad that people interested in this series might find funny...

YouTube - Bruins Hockey Rules_Date
  • I won't even try to say comeback. Love my team but wow we suck!
  • And the trash talking begins!!!!! That's going to be just one of some really interesting series.

Can't wait for playoff hockey!

Having been a die hard Canuck fan over the past number of years, I can't wait to wear the Canuck memorabelia around town and rub the fact the Maple Loafs are out of the playoffs again in their sad little fans faces!

I noticed the annual firings have already begun for the non playoff attendees.

Or more likely you'll be wearing that jersey on Gay pride Day
  • Just saw an ad that people interested in this series might find funny...

MIGHT find funny?? I've been laughing at those all day long! Love the one with the tucked in jersey. :D
  • Hahaa...that ad was good
  • And THAT, my unusually quiet Hab fanatics, is what we in hockey call...

A SWEEP
    !!

Mind you, I was very impressed with the way your team left the ice last night. Despite the total disrespect of the fans with their booing, they all remained on the ice and saluted the crowd. Very professionally done, well done.

I have a new respect for the team now, but I still have zero respect for the fans. Honestly, did you think you were going to get any closer to the cup? Look at your season and tell me honestly, when did you think you had a chance?
    I have a new respect for the team now, but I still have zero respect for the fans. Honestly, did you think you were going to get any closer to the cup? Look at your season and tell me honestly, when did you think you had a chance?

Not all fans are bad. Congrats to your team. When did we think we had a chance? Ummmm beginning of the season lol. Should have been a great year for us. Unfortunately, injuries and some surprisingly terrible goaltending from a pretty solid goaltender hurt us bad. We just didn't have the depth to keep up. Kinda wish we at least made a series of it as the Habs-Bruins rivalry is very entertaining.
  • Congrats to the Bruins. They have totally out worked, out played, out toughed and out skilled the Habs all season. They have a very nice mix there right now, one that I hope the Habs can aspire to in the very near future.

Still not sure they have the speed that will be needed to beat the Western Conference representative but good luck to them.

As for les glorieux there is much work to be done this off season. I'm willing to bet there are only a handful of players that ended this season on next years opening night roster.

Markov, Kostitsyn (X2?), Lapierre, Komisarek, Latendresse, D'Agostini, Georges, Pacioretty and dare I say Price will be the young core of a much different team next year according to my crystal ball.
  • <ahem>

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

That is alll

Mark
  • I feel so old saying this, but these remind me of the awesome ESPN commercials from the mid 90's. There was a great one, I believe when New Jersey won their first cup. You see Scott Neidermeyer with the Cup and he's got a cold sore. He talks about how great it was to drink from the Cup and share it with his teammates. Next is Scott Stevens, also with a cold sore, talking about how he shared it with all his family, friends, even his doctor. Goes on from there.