Everybody + ME loves Raymond.

I don't care what you all think. I love this show. Fuck off.

Comments

• hai!

wat?
  • Show that I'm embarassed to say how much I love= Selling Houses, HGTV
  • haddon wrote: »
    I don't care what you all think. I love this show. Fuck off.

Romano was playing poker at the Mirage last Sunday night when I was there.

The prevailing attitude seemed to be that everybody is pretty meh about Raymond.

That's not a comment about his crappy tv show, just letting you know what the folks in the room thought.
  • I may not love Raymond, but I do not hate him either. I am perfectly ready, however, to lead a peasant uprising against the King of Queens.
  • I personally don't find the show funny and wonder how it lasted so long.
  • I actually discuss ELR in my group because i hate this show..

There are no characters in the show that are redeeming... sure.. great comic effect (I guess), but Ray / Robert are passive as hell, the mom's passive aggressive, dad is aggressive, and the wife is completely aggressive as well.. nobody in this show is assertive or a decent role model at all..

Couple this with the fact that I'm frustrated by the fact that every show nowadays is being "progressive' by using the same formula from the 50's but in a mirror... they're taking the idiotic female character and making it the male character.. this isn't progress it's the exact problem but in reverse... we're not closer to equality we're just being reverse sexist.. (eg. ELR, Simpsons, king of Queens, umm.. I could probably name more if I watch television...)

Mark
  • I secretly love most sitcoms from that time, including King Of Queens. I don't really cry or feel sadness in real life. When I watch these shows I allow myself to cry at the sad parts.
  • I found it interesting that shows from that time feature the hot skinny wife, and the overweight comedic husband. When are they going to do a show with a tubby funny wife and super hot husband?
  • Roseanne
  • I totally forgot about that sex pot!