Feeling bad for winning

Ok, I'd like to start out by saying that this is not a troll, I feel really really bad and confused right now. I just won 2k in a VIP freeroll and then I hit a wall when I tried to figure out what to do with the money. I'm planning on withdrawing 1000 dollars for myself, whatever I feel like, clothes, sushi, games, whatever stuff. Then I plan on reloading * for 50 dollars to play 4,4$ 180 man (it's my limit to deposit ._.).

i've taken out the "me" money I need and made the pokertransaction I wanted. I can't take out the rest of the money cause I have just taken out more money to my bankaccount than I've ever deposited in my life, and I can't put it in my bankroll cause I'm afraid to move up in limits too quickly and getting pwn'ed or wtv.

I seriously feel pretty bad right now, when I won the EPT sat I was like "Cool, lots of extra cash, I'll bring my friend to Italy and it'll burn off that extra cash I got" but wth should I do now? How do you prepare to play poker on higher limits than you're used to? Or should you just assume you don't have it in you right now and tuck it all away in some bank account?

Comments?

Comments

• Richard~ wrote: »
    Ok, I'd like to start out by saying that this is not a troll, I feel really really bad and confused right now. I just won 2k in a VIP freeroll and then I hit a wall when I tried to figure out what to do with the money. I'm planning on withdrawing 1000 dollars for myself, whatever I feel like, clothes, sushi, games, whatever stuff. Then I plan on reloading * for 50 dollars to play 4,4$ 180 man (it's my limit to deposit ._.).

i've taken out the "me" money I need and made the pokertransaction I wanted. I can't take out the rest of the money cause I have just taken out more money to my bankaccount than I've ever deposited in my life, and I can't put it in my bankroll cause I'm afraid to move up in limits too quickly and getting pwn'ed or wtv.

I seriously feel pretty bad right now, when I won the EPT sat I was like "Cool, lots of extra cash, I'll bring my friend to Italy and it'll burn off that extra cash I got" but wth should I do now? How do you prepare to play poker on higher limits than you're used to? Or should you just assume you don't have it in you right now and tuck it all away in some bank account?

Comments?

Mangage your bankroll...
    Move up just a little from the freerolls.
    $1000 is enough to play the .10/.25 or the .25/.50 cash game.

If you want to be careful, start playing the .05/.10 if you lose drop down to the .01/.02
  • First off I don't understand why you feel bad. You should be proud of yourself for doing so well in such a short period of time. Play games that you feel comfortable playing and aren't going to cripple your bankroll. Don't be afraid to move up, and if it gets to be too much you can always move back down. Good luck!
  • I feel bad that there aren't more topless pics of you around.
  • heh, I feel silly now for whining about something like this, you guys are right, if I just move up slowly it'll be fine.I think the thing was that with a win like this I didn't have an excuse to stay on the same levels.

I have recently watched Assasinato from pokerpwnage final table the sunday million in an 11 part video by doing things I've never seen like making a four-bet bluff and doing large number of unexploitable shoves while at the same time talking about that pleople were more or less playing "perfect" tournament poker from about halfway between the bubble and the final table.

In reality ofc it's bound to be a huge difference between ITM of the sunday million and you're average 10-50$ mtt on stars :P I thought I'd have to move up into levels where everyone knew how to play perfect poker and I knew nothing about the concepts they use to do it.

I feel a lot better now and I'm really happy I get to move up a bit and face new opponents, moving up and getting better was the point in joing this forum after all =)
  • Richard, you sound WAY to sensible to participate around here...... lol... keep it simple, have fun, and absorb as you move up... In most cases these people playing at bigger levels put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and I, they just have bigger bank rolls... well except for the ladies... and I'm not sure about Kristy....:)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Richard, you sound WAY to sensible to participate around here...... lol... keep it simple, have fun, and absorb as you move up... In most cases these people playing at bigger levels put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and I, they just have bigger bank rolls... well except for the ladies... and I'm not sure about Kristy....:)

I'm not wearing pants atm..

srsly, we need more women here to just troll Richard's posts requesting n00dz, you're all Patrick Antonius and shit.
  • First off...congrats Richard.
    Second off... I NEVER want to hear about someone winning 2K in a tourney wasting it on sushi!!!! For the love of god man, you have enough money now that you can get the fish cooked!!! ;)
    Although I play mostly SnG's online, I think you'll see that the "quality" of players as you move up is a refreshing change. Although Loose/Aggressive is another word for fish, these kind of players always seem to get the better of it at the lower levels. Be happy that you now have some better competition to test your skills. (although it seems your skills are pretty damn solid where you are)
    My bankroll was seriously depleting playing $6.50 turbos, I was getting bad beats left and right from people calling all ins with 10/5 and even 3/6 offsuit prayin' for a river card with Jesus on it and getting it. Pretty frustrating,...but as soon as I "gambled" and went up to the $12 and $22 SnG's, my bankroll recovered dramatically. Players using "textbook poker" that I much prefer playing against. Of course, I've had a few bad streaks at the higher limits (everyone does), but then I just drop down one limit to rebuild the bankroll again.
    Just remember that bankroll management is ALWAYS about playing at the level that YOU are most comfortable with.
  • I think this thread can be summed up with this:
  • 467d1239046483-feeling-bad-winning-winning-jpg

This pic deserves to be bigger..wp Graham
  • Actually, I came up with "RUKiddnME" after having to rebuy in to Pstars after my first foray into online poker.
    I had aces cracked 8 times in a row, in 5 tournaments!!!
    The name just fits beaauuutifully!