Game 9 Roll Call

Only 4 games remaining in the season. If you haven't played yet, you can still make the SET game, but you have to come out every week from now to the end.

Darryl is once again proving that skill isn't really necessary to win, but it is nice to have in your back pocket when you hit your straight on the turn. He's still the points leader this season, but the point spread is starting to close up behind him.

Who's In?

1 - AJ
2 - Keith
3 - Darryl
4 - Anthony
5 - Allan
6 - Kris
7 - Steve
8 -
9 -
10 -

Comments

• +1. Will let you know by Thursday if I have to back out, but I should be good this week.
  • I'll try to make it... I'm fighting a nasty head cold and I don't think you would appreciate a red nosed and sneazing donk at the table. But, if you don't mind it and I feel half decent I'll be there...

Hope to see you tomorrow,
    AC
  • Just come and put the bubble suit on. I hear it's pretty sterile.
  • We have the Bubble Suit, face masks, and rubber gloves. Just don't ask us why ;)

I wouldn't worry too much about the cold Kris. So long as you give it Darryl so he misses the next two or three games
  • I don't think that some head cold will stop the power of Jenga... I've tried going agains him last week with KK and you all know what happened. All I can say is: the force is strong with him...
  • Lesson learned I hope.

Fold everything to me but AA. Even then, have a thought about it.
  • I will only go agains you with AA if they are suited in DIMONDS... then again, what does that make me agains your possible AK or AQ, 1.5 to 1 favorate???
  • Take it from me, AA is a preflop folding hand.

You always get some donk with pocket 6's or 2's calling your huge 4x his raise, and hitting a set on the flop EVERY FRAKING TIME.

Only way to play them is first level, all in.

Lessons from The Hill, pg 2
  • Level 7 metagame, noob. River the flush and scoop the cookies
  • Milo wrote: »
    Level 7 metagame, noob. River the flush and scoop the cookies

That was Lesson 3!

You don't want to experience Lesson 4!!!!>:D
  • Plenty of seats still available tonight. Let me know if you want in.
  • Still have plenty of seats available for tonight's game. If you're interested in coming out, either post here, or call me
  • The way we were dropping, I wouldn't have been surprised if the game was over before the break. By the time break came, we were already four handed, with Darryl in the unusual position of being extremely short stacked. He did manage to double up a couple of times, but in the end, he went out in fourth spot.

Three way play showed Steve and Anthony with the monster stacks, and Allan who had been playing his unique style of short stack play to stay alive. Anthony was in almost every pot, raising and pushing his stack weight around, and the impact on Steve's holdings was brutal as his stack slowly got smaller and smaller. In the end though, he pushed with QQ but got hammered when Anthony's A hit the river.

Headsup Allan had a tough job ahead of him, Anthony outchipping him about 2.5 to 1 or better. But he put up a valiant effort to the end. Alas it was not in HIS cards to win, and Anthony left with the first place prize money.

Good game all. Hope to see you all next week. Kris, hope you're feeling better by then. If I don't see you all next week, have a Great Easter!!!
  • Good game all. What can I say? I woke up with some decent cards at opportune times. KK once, AA twice (at least), and they held up every time. Have to go listen to Steve's video tribute before every game, from now on.
    Nice to win one that counts for points. Hopefully I can finagle things and make it out next week, but we'll see.
  • Can you pm me your address and info again AJ please. I know its too late for the set game but i still woulnt mind sitting in on a game, its been far too long. Cheers

Mike
  • PM sent Mike. Hope you can make it out next week
  • Thanks AJ

IN
  • Milo wrote: »
    Good game all. What can I say? I woke up with some decent cards at opportune times. KK once, AA twice (at least), and they held up every time. Have to go listen to Steve's video tribute before every game, from now on.
    Nice to win one that counts for points. Hopefully I can finagle things and make it out next week, but we'll see.

WP last night sir (^^ 1500th post used FTW).

If you need more points I hear Allan is selling.
  • Thanks Darryl. Allan and I are currently "negotiating" a price for his points . . .
  • Current Leader Board as of April 2 2009

DARRYL 411.42
    KRIS 285.54
    ANTHONY 262.8
    A.J. 241.2
    STEVE 233.03
    KEITH 202.27
    ALLAN 188.82
    CHRIS 121.92
    ELEANOR 76.26
    SHAUN 27.62
    KOFI 21.73
    NIB 18.49
    CHUCK 13
    COLIN 13
  • Based on my last offer, a toonie vaults me into first! Allan, you can keep the change, okay?