1/2cent NL hold'em Hand

Alright, here it is, you can all berate me for not respecting this guy's raise, but I just loooooove playing cards in position.

PokerStars Game #26524198696: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2009/03/30 3:14:34 ET
Table 'Philomela IX' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: enJo6290 ($0.68 in chips)
Seat 2: Le Crotch ($2.66 in chips)
Seat 3: Quinner777 ($8.30 in chips) (Button)
Seat 4: daauznnnys ($1.94 in chips) (SB)
Seat 5: TopMax ($4.87 in chips) (BB)
Seat 6: AceClubsEnt ($4.96 in chips)
daauznnnys: posts small blind $0.01
TopMax: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Quinner777 [Kc Td]
AceClubsEnt: folds
enJo6290: folds
Le Crotch: calls $0.02
Quinner777: calls $0.02
daauznnnys: raises $0.12 to $0.14
TopMax: folds
Le Crotch: folds
Quinner777: calls $0.12
*** FLOP *** [Qh Ks 6d]
daauznnnys: bets $0.26
Quinner777: calls $0.26
*** TURN *** [Qh Ks 6d] [9h]
daauznnnys: bets $1.54 and is all-in
Quinner777: calls $1.54
*** RIVER *** [Qh Ks 6d 9h] [Th]

I think my mind just didn't make sense of a 26 cent bet followed by push on the turn. I could see this line if there were some obvious draws on the flop (there was no obvious straight or flush draw) because he's probably trying to protect his hand, as it was the push just smelled weak.

Another point-he makes a big bet preflop OOP, I do this when trying to take pots down with strong hands that I hate playing oop post flop, this (in my head anyway) limits his range to AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ. Possibly medium pocket pairs JJ, TT, 99, 88. Point is, I'm probably behind his range here a little bit, but the way the money went into the pot made me believe I had the better hand.

So even though I know I'm behind in terms of range I still call....mistake by me? Or good play recognizing that if he had AK here he's probably not shoving turn?? (Or if he was better than me he would know that I knew that and then shove with the medium strength hand AK, lol sure glad I don't have to worry about levelling too much here in the lowest of the low micro stakes) Course the higher stakes players rarely have to worry about their AA getting sucked out on by 2-3......

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Will post showdown later, just for fun to see if you can guess.

Comments

• Quinner wrote: »
    this (in my head anyway) limits his range to AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ. Possibly medium pocket pairs JJ, TT, 99, 88. Point is, I'm probably behind his range here a little bit, but the way the money went into the pot made me believe I had the better hand.

This statement makes no sense.

You assign his range as KJ+, 88+ but you think you're ahead?

Sorry, but this hand is a bit of a trainwreck. Limp calling a 7BB raise with this hand is not good.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    This statement makes no sense.

You assign his range as KJ+, 88+ but you think you're ahead?

Sorry, but this hand is a bit of a trainwreck. Limp calling a 7BB raise with this hand is not good.

I'll admit it myself calling with this kind of hand is pretty dumb on my part, but what I really wanted to know was if it is ok to call here knowing ahead of time that you are likely behind, but because I had position I get to see how much he likes his hand post flop. The flop bet I figured didn't give me any information about his hand strength but the turn bet seems weak to me.....

So I guess my question in a nutshell is, is it ok to call probable big hands with mediocre cards in position?? Or am I just massively overvaluing position in this kind of spot?
  • Quinner wrote: »
    So I guess my question in a nutshell is, is it ok to call probable big hands with mediocre cards in position?? Or am I just massively overvaluing position in this kind of spot?

Yes - but not this situation.

1) Villain's PF raise is too big. Let it go.
    2) K/10 is not the hand you want to play like this. You are dominated in too many spots that typical low limit players raise with. I take mid suited connectors here over your holding.
  • Ok thanks Wetts, I guess no one really cares about the showdown but I did bust him, but I was taking a fairly big unnecessary risk here. Again he easily could have had AK as well.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
    daauznnnys: shows [Qc Ah] (a pair of Queens)
    Quinner777: shows [Kc Td] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
    Quinner777 collected $3.77 from pot
  • once he went all in .. i would have went all in on top of him so then he would fold because if u go all in over top of someone who is already all in.. they have to fold
  • tl;dr

I'll wait for the movie to come out.
  • btw, the answer in .01/.02 is always...

you shoulda pushed preflop.
  • Mazda GLC wrote: »
    once he went all in .. i would have went all in on top of him so then he would fold because if u go all in over top of someone who is already all in.. they have to fold

No levelling in the strat forums please.