Enuff OUts?

First hand a $10 double or nothing sng. No reads but for $10 I don't really care either.

I figured he hit the 10 when he bet the pot, since a set probably doesn't make it that large even tho the flush draw is out there. If I"m right my K is good, J is good and Q is good. If I"m wrong I'm probably drawing to 4 outs.

Comments welcome :)
BTW we all had $1500

ANTES/BLINDS
NUNOGV84 posts small blind ($10), fish123fish posts big blind ($20).

PRE-FLOP
xmaximus7 folds, play4botox folds, baohequ folds, Acid_Joe bets $60, RegesC folds, Celtic256 folds, traviston calls $60, sladiroger folds, NUNOGV84 bets $250, fish123fish folds, Acid_Joe calls $200, traviston calls $200.

FLOP [board cards: TD 5D 9S ]
NUNOGV84 bets $800, Acid_Joe bets $1,240 and is all-in, traviston folds, NUNOGV84 calls $440 and is all-in.

TURN [board cards: TD 5D 9S 2C ]

RIVER [board cards: TD 5D 9S 2C JD ]

SHOWDOWN
Acid_Joe shows [ KC JC ]
NUNOGV84 shows [ AD TH ]
Acid_Joe wins $3,280.spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifSUMMARY
Dealer: sladiroger
Pot: $3,280
Celtic256, loses $0
traviston, loses $260
sladiroger, loses $0
NUNOGV84, loses $1,500
fish123fish, loses $20
xmaximus7, loses $0
play4botox, loses $0
baohequ, loses $0
Acid_Joe, bets $1,500, collects $3,280, net $1,780
RegesC, loses $0

Comments

• Ummm, no? Afraid even though you had the right read you got your money in as a 2-1 dog... You weren't short stacked, it was a double or nothing, lots of time left. In these chip conservation is key, not winning first.... If he had made a small bet I could see pushing but with his committed bet you had no fold equity either. You had to outdraw him as the dog to win... Results were good but decision flawed... Love ya Joe... :)
  • Great analysis Jeff. I usually try to double up quickly so I have a comfy lead with the double or nothings since most people play tighter than any milton rock. Usually a bet like that means they hit something and I don't mind taking my shot to outdraw. I've even seen the nits fold to the push.

And again, if it was a $50 I probably don't make the play but in the $10's and under it's just fun to crash and maybe burn someone LOL
  • Those double or nothings are fun... pretty much next to no skill involved. I find more often than not worst hand wins, so shove those bad hands and wait for your prize ;)
  • LOL I love the go broke with 1 pair mentality of the villian....hahahahaha

I tend to follow the same approach of double up early or go home, but it is usually with a PP...then I just abuse limpers....