hand range question

what do you use more to put a opponent on a hand range, vpip or pfr? for let's say if he goes all in.

Comments

• If he goes all-in, then Page Ranking would be more relevant than VP. If his PR is 5%, then his all-in range would be a lot less. There is a good discussion of these stats in Killer Tournament Poker by the Numbers.
  • I use his pfr if I don't have his all in stats.

What's page ranking?

Is all in by the numbers any good.
    I have killer poker and killer poker online and they both suck.
  • The stack sizes and tournament structure (if a tournament) are kind of important factors.

In cash games I give a lot of credit to 3/0 guys when they reraise preflop :)
  • What's page ranking?
    Is all in by the numbers any good.
    The silly forum software still auto converts the two-letter short form for "Preflop Raise %" to "Page Ranking". :(
    Killer Tournament Poker seemed to have good topics for poker math geeks (including tracking software, ICM and making deals), but as usual, I can't find the time to read them. :-[
  • philliivey wrote: »
    what do you use more to put a opponent on a hand range, vpip or pfr? for let's say if he goes all in.

Definitely PFR.

Go download pokerstove and mess around with those hand ranges.
  • thank you pokerkai, that is what i am doing, already had pokerstove and was experimenting with it when in a game when i am out of a hand so i have been doing it right.:)

PokerKai wrote: »
    Definitely PFR.

Go download pokerstove and mess around with those hand ranges.