KW Charity Event...The date is set!

With my apologies to buzzzardd I have set the date for April 25th. My reasons for the date are to coincide KOOL FMs actual campaign. I am also donating a table to this worthy cause for their poker tournament. They will be running a $100 buy-in on Monday April 27th with 100% of the $$$ going to the Regional Cancer Centre. Their are 100 seats avaliable and the winner gets a trip anywere Westjet flies. Second place will be a 10 man racetrack poker table built by TG Poker Table Designs. Check out my website in the coming weeks for a link to their tournament.

Anyway...back to my event. It will be held at 7:00 on Saturday April 25th (I'm hoping buzzzardds tourny will be in the afternoon so there won't be a major conflict). It is a $25 freeze out with $20 going to the pot and $5 going to charity. There will also be cash games after the event. I usually offer a 5 cent/10 cent game for the more recreational players and I also run a 25 cent/50 cent game for those who want a slightly bigger game. I don't have a lot of seats avaliable for the tournament. Last year I had 32 players and this year I am capping at 40 so PM me asap to get a spot. The event will be held at my home and I am in negotiations to have an on air personality on hand for a special draw.

Draw Details: I am raffling off 2 poker tables and a $100 GC toward the purchase of a table. I will be building the poker tables and keeping only enough of the money collected to cover the cost of the materials to build the tables. Every penny of the remaining proceeds will go to the Regional Cancer Centre. Tickets are $10 and you do not have to attend the tournament to purchase a ticket or win any of the prizes. I live in the Ottawa/Fischer-Hallman area of Kitchener so if you'd like to buy a ticket to win a table please PM me and I'll give you directions to come by and purchase your tickets.

Thanks for your support and I look forward to meeting many of you.

Comments

• I'd be interested but please consider making it $50 with $10 going to charity.
  • I agree with you that it should be higher but I have a problem. The vast majority of my friends play very low stakes games. In fact many of them refuse to play any tourny above $10 and play mostly $5 games, but they make an exception for this event. Over the next month or so I will have to deal with a bunch of people asking why the buy-in is so low and and a bunch of people asking why I made the buy-in so high. Most of the tournys I play are in the $60 to $100 range and I would love to get into that range for this event. For future games I will make the buy-ins higher but this is an event that is important to me and many people that I associate with so I have to try and come up with a buy-in that most people are okay with even though most may not love it. If you choose to come out I would appreciate it but I would understand why many will pass. The poker can get pretty loose at this buy-in level and know one knows more than me how frustrating that can be. Thanks for your suggestion and I hope I addressed your concern even though it may not have been the result you were looking for.