Random News Stories

I don't know about everyone else; but I find weird news, way more interesting than wars, murders, and the economy. So here's a thread dedicated to random and odd news stories.

Let's get it started with these:

Ouch... just ouch:
Man in unfortunate saw-mill penis incident | Metro.co.uk

I bet Rogers TV has done this before:
Math whiz, dead for 450 years, gets TV bill

A small excerpt from this one should say enough
Article wrote:
The Colonel's smile might have widened if it could on Wednesday, when his bottom half was recovered and reunited with the top.
Colonel Sanders still smiling after 24-year dip | Oddly Enough | Reuters

and finally, who doesn't like a starving cat story:

KXLY.com: News, Weather and Sports for Spokane, WA and Coeur d'Alene, ID | Buy a couch, get a cat

Comments

• You're awesome Dave. Those made my day. I too often scroll down on the news websites to get the 'weird tales' of the day at the bottom of the "MARKETS COLLAPSE YET AGAIN" pile.
  • You're awesome Dave. Those made my day. I too often scroll down on the news websites to get the 'weird tales' of the day at the bottom of the "MARKETS COLLAPSE YET AGAIN" pile.

Glad to help. :) While I feel bad for people who are the "vicitms" in most of the news stories, I find the who news system to be dpressing, and exhausting. I'd rather read about crazy coincidences, weird happenings, and happy stories anyday.

And as a guy getting in married in a little over a month, I can't say this isn't tempting. lol j/k:

Groom gets cold feet, sets wedding hotel on fire - Yahoo! News UK
  • The Germans have a word for it. It's called:

Schadenfreude: Pleasure derived from the trivial misfortune of others.

• The Germans have a word for it. It's called:

Schadenfreude: Pleasure derived from the trivial misfortune of others.

First Heidi Klum, and now this, is there anything the Germans haven't given us? :D