Vista - Flash and Java help

I have a problem seeing video and flash on my resently updated Vista platform.

A week ago I could...it self updated and now I can't. Used the system restore and didn't work.

Can anyone help me with this. Its Vista Pro.

Comments

• You probably need to resinstall adobe flash player.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player
  • Tried that, still nothing.
  • I have the same issue circa 7 hours ago.
  • lol,,, Vista.... That along with spyware/adware is providing almost 40% of my business lately....

Does this describe the problem?
    After installing Flash Player, Windows Vista initiates Protected Mode for Flash content

Do you get any error messages?
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol,,, Vista.... That along with spyware/adware is providing almost 40% of my business lately....

Does this describe the problem?
    After installing Flash Player, Windows Vista initiates Protected Mode for Flash content

Do you get any error messages?

No error messages. When I go to see a video it does not load or play. I have Flash on my company website and that does not play only.

The message I get is Java is not running or load Flash player....I load it and nothing happens.
  • Man and I was going to install Vista this weekend.

Guess not
  • My personal feeling on Vista's future is not a rosy one... I think that it will become a somewhat orphaned product, somewhat similar to what happened to Windows ME.. Even though most of what you find in the retail channels is still Vista, there is a huge pushback from the business clients. They do not want Vista in any way shape or form. The costs to convert a big organization is huge and benefits small or non existant... Windows7 (scheduled release 1Q 2010) will probably be the next accepted Windows release in the business world. There are a number of rumours that it is being rushed to market (maybe as soon as Sept this year) because of the Vista issues and my fear is it may flop as well... If that happens XP may become the longest supported O/S ever. It's support has already been extended to 2014 which is a full 13 years after initial release. If Windows7 doesn't gain acceptance quickly Microsoft may have to extend support for XP even beyond that...
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    No error messages. When I go to see a video it does not load or play. I have Flash on my company website and that does not play only.

The message I get is Java is not running or load Flash player....I load it and nothing happens.
    I don't have an obvious fix for your issue but this flash video player may be a good substitute for now. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you...

FLV Player - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
  • Compuease, I think my issue is with the Nvidia forceware fireware hence why I can't get WLM working. You have any idea on how to remove that?
  • You're right Compuease, Vista is a dead OS. Lots of smaller stores are actually offering systems for sale for slightly higher cost when they come with XP rather than Vista because it's such a pain to use.
  • The computer did an overnight update....I now get the error and get flash after I accept the error message.

How stupid is this!

I just bought 2 machines for work last month. Great deal from Dell. They both came with XP pro. My comp is the only one with Vista and nothing but issues.
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    I just bought 2 machines for work last month. Great deal from Dell. They both came with XP pro. My comp is the only one with Vista and nothing but issues.

I am also regretting not accepting Compuease' offer to put XP on my desktop that he built for me...