Full Tilt Tournaments

Now that I've learnt how to swear in 100 different languages in PartyPoker since December and found the poker loser in me at PokerStars last month, I now want to "play poker against the pros" at Full Tilt and lose my remaining bankroll. :DWhat are the best-value tournaments at Full Tilt?

My favourite (and profitable) tournaments in the other two sites were the ones that were rake-free or had an overlay, e.g., $3+0 rebuys. Are there any such tournaments at Full Tilt?

By the way, if you really want to play at the WSOP despite the 30% withholding tax, Full Tilt is probably the least -EV way to try to win a Main Event seat, next to a rake-free league. With $10.5 million in bonuses for those who make the Main Event final table, there is ~15% added equity to offset part of the 30% tax.

I signed up through ThisIsTheNuts.com for the 27% rakeback, $600 deposit bonus and free Stoxpoker subscription (for any month you reach $500 MGR). I also plan to sign up for free at TrulyFreePokertraining.com and academy.fulltiltpoker.com. It wasn't easy to register for the Main Event Race freerolls, but I won a seat to Round 2 on my third try. How long does it take for FTP to put the Round 2 ticket in one's account, as I'm still waiting to use it tonight before I deposit money.

While I didn't reach my high-variance goals at PokerStars, my more modest goals at Full Tilt is to find enough +EV and Happy Hour games to reach at least Bronze Iron Man status every single month, and when I'm not losing money, to take a shot at a WSOP satellite.

Comments

• just did a deposit on full tilt myself to try again on there, full tilt is kicking stars ass regarding wsop as stars is dropping the ball, there is a 33 dollar tourny 80 packages tourny on may 10 for wsop event 4, but there is going to be alot of entrants, 150 packages to main event 500 dollar buy in is june 22nd i believe or around that time.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    While I didn't reach my high-variance goals at PokerStars,
    You busted on Pokerstars? Ouch... Guess your not playing our pokerforum game tonight with OVERLAY then?
  • philliivey wrote: »
    just did a deposit on full tilt myself to try again on there, full tilt is kicking stars ass regarding wsop as stars is dropping the ball, there is a 33 dollar tourny 80 packages tourny on may 10 for wsop event 4, but there is going to be alot of entrants, 150 packages to main event 500 dollar buy in is june 22nd i believe or around that time.

Stars will not drop the ball on wsop sats, trust me. They're going to end up fielding approx 15% of the field again.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Stars will not drop the ball on wsop sats, trust me. They're going to end up fielding approx 15% of the field again.

+1. And you can't beat how soft their $650 even though only 1 for every 20 gets a seat.
  • Welcome to my home.

If you enjoy playing late morning / early aft. I have seen the 19.5 (20R) and 16K (26) hit the overlay. The 11pm 30K (109) also hits overlay often.

FTP is awesome for online satellites (super soft) but are generally pretty shitty at live sats. Some days I just grind sats (8R, 3R and 14's are horrid) and bank the T$. 3/4 of the field are gone by the add-on. When they do run the ME sats they are full of regs.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    While I didn't reach my high-variance goals at PokerStars, my more modest goals at Full Tilt is to find enough +EV and Happy Hour games to reach at least Bronze Iron Man status every single month, and when I'm not losing money, to take a shot at a WSOP satellite.

Cashing in any points comes out of your mgr so qualifying for any status at FT has limited value.
  • do you know if your rakeback provider offers no negative carryover? if you don't know what it means, it means that if you don't play much one month but use ftps in the store or in ftp satellites, the hit to your mgr doesn't carry over to the next month.
  • moose wrote: »
    Cashing in any points comes out of your mgr so qualifying for any status at FT has limited value.
    Don't you still get ~73% benefit out of any FTP reward deducted from rakeback? For example, if I get $600 cash from the Iron Man mid-year bonus, and assuming that 27% of that or $162 is deducted from my rakeback, I am still $438 richer.

Are there any FTP rewards that won't be deducted from rakeback, e.g., Main Event Race and other freerolls, Stoxpoker/Cardrunners free training (if you have 2500-7000 FTP), FTP Academy Store redemptions?
    compuease wrote: »
    You busted on Pokerstars? Ouch...
    :biggrin: No, but for a satellite grinder, winning a lot of W$, T$ and Steps tickets will still result in negative ROI if you don't win in the final events, e.g., a couple of EPT final satellites and Sunday Majors.

P.S. Can you stake me for the next $5.50 forum game with an overlay? But next time, call it a "satelllite" so I have a chance at cashing! ;)
  • I'm just saying that playing FT to earn points reduces the benefit you get from rakeback. Are you still ahead of players with no rakeback? yes. Are you still ahead of players who earn FTP points but don't cash them in? yes. Is FTP with 27% rakeback better than Stars? For mid level players hitting Silverstar or better, I would say no because you aren't really earning 27% rakeback. However midlevel and up players at FTP actually see their benefits go down as they acheive higher player status on FTP due to the clawbacks. It makes no sense really.
  • FT Tournaments rock! i.gif