Check this guy out: Boku87

Comments

• Not looking good for me :(
  • ive been jsut starting to follow up on this.. its friggen insane not sure how this guy can play that much he needs to really go for it the last few days here wowsers
  • hobbes did u bet on this too or wat?
  • Mazda GLC wrote: »
    hobbes did u bet on this too or wat?

yup $30 :(
  • lol with someone on here? i thought the min bet with that guy was $100
  • Mazda GLC wrote: »
    lol with someone on here? i thought the min bet with that guy was $100

Not on here. On another forum a member (friend of his?) was taking smaller bets.
  • Sick graph ... up 7.2k so far

boku87-Mar13.jpg
  • Kiss your investment good Hobbes...he's going to make it.

He's reducing his total number of tables played from 50+ back to his usual 35ish in order to concentrate more on cashing.

Sick man...but he's going to make it...still has 5 days left.
  • Maybe I should offer a buyout?
  • This whole phonomenom of Zerg rushing small stakes games is really disconcerting. Even if what this guy is doing is impressive...especially since he doesnt seem to be a very good cash game player.

Boku87 - Poker Player Profile and Stats - PokerStars
  • PokerKai wrote: »
    This whole phonomenom of Zerg rushing small stakes games is really disconcerting. Even if what this guy is doing is impressive...especially since he doesnt seem to be a very good cash game player.

Boku87 - Poker Player Profile and Stats - PokerStars

Good tourney player does not have to equate to a good cash player. Different skill sets.
  • ya this is crazy he is making a good chunk of change of this prop
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Good tourney player does not have to equate to a good cash player. Different skill sets.

I always take issue with ppl that say different skill sets. It really isnt different skill sets. Poker skills are exactly the same no matter what game....its all just hand reading, value betting, optimal call downs, proper lines, etc. Its more different situations really.

And i most certainly didnt say that a good cash game player should equate a good tourney player or vice versa but you cant say there isnt some sort of correlation. For example, if I told you someone had won a ton of money at the biggest cash games in the world...and you knew nothing about his tournament play...gun to your head, would you say hes more likely to be a good tournament player or bad tournament player?

So...once again, id like to say...its impressive what hes doing... DESPITE his poor cash game results.
  • Both cash game and tournament requires similar yet different skills set. However, it is easier to convert from a cash game player to tournament player vs. vice versa. The reason I say that is because most tournament players are very good at playing based on the stack vs. blinds ratio, as the blinds are constantly going up in a tournament. As a result, their deepstack play might not be as solid due to the tournament setting where players' stack will not be 100bb< for very long. However, cash games usually involve very deepstack play but it is probably easier to for someone that is used to playing deep to learn the shallow stack game vs. learning how to play properly deepstack.
  • He is playing 30-50 turbo sngs at a time. There is no skill involved. He is just autobotting it entirely. No way you could do the same thing with cash games except for a limited shortstacking strategy. However I would have blown my brains out completely a long time ago playing that number of sngs for $2 ave profit. This guy would make a perfect GM line worker.
  • moose wrote: »
    This guy would make a perfect GM line worker.

Pulls up a chair and waits for Caddy.
  • Remotely off topic...while waiting for the resident line worker....

I wonder if this guy's results will have an impact on the way the small games are played in the long run? Will a pile of people start adopting this fold/shove attitude, and thus changing the way others play against them..thereby, really..changing the game entirely? How does one play a 9 player game, with 4 people playing shove/fold? Pick the hands in between or play the same?
  • In before Caddy
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by moose

Well clearly it's not a perfect comparison because boku87 turns a profit...
  • I remember listening to the Poker Edge podcast a year or two ago where Phil Gordon was interviewing a very successful online player. I can't remember his name, but he talked about playing sit-n-gos like video games. Play super tight (AA, KK, AK) until you get to 10x the big blind, then loosen up and be prepared to push on any hand you play. His ROI was something like 30%. What Boku has done in terms of strategy is just a slight variation on that. He has found a scenario - low limit, MTT turbos - where push/fold it a perfect strategy. The impressive part is the volume of tournaments he can play - up to 50+ tables at a time.

The most impressive part of this prop bet is his ability to grind this out. He realized his ROI would go up if he dropped down to 30-35 tables at a time. It has to be seriously exhausting playing 6000 tournaments in 10 days so far.

Although it is relatively robotic play, he is still aware of the individual games he is playing. I was railing him earlier in the challenge when he was playing the $6 tournaments. He ended up heads up with another SuperNova player and that player sat out once it was down to just the two of them. After a couple of hands, Boku realized what was happening, and he sat out. Then he apparently shipped the other player the $24 difference between first and second place (before the tournament was over). Eventually the railbirds goaded the other player into playing again and they went all-in on the next hand. According to 2+2, in another situation he realized that another player had disconnected while they were heads up. He shipped a split of the top two prizes according to the chip stacks at the time to the other player. Yesterday I was railing him again and he ended up all-in vs. the two blinds when he was the short stack. The blinds checked it down, and he ended up winning with jack high. I chuckled to myself, but then was shocked to see him post to the chat "lol, jack high ftw". I couldn't believe that he could chat while playing 30+ tables. I really hope he makes this. It would be a well-deserved victory.
    Remotely off topic...while waiting for the resident line worker....

I wonder if this guy's results will have an impact on the way the small games are played in the long run? Will a pile of people start adopting this fold/shove attitude, and thus changing the way others play against them..thereby, really..changing the game entirely? How does one play a 9 player game, with 4 people playing shove/fold? Pick the hands in between or play the same?
  • His ROI was something like 30%.

30% ROI in sngs would be impossible.
  • moose wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moose

Well clearly it's not a perfect comparison because boku87 turns a profit...

oh snap
  • Latest update: $8,949.35 in account
  • i really hope this guy does this... that is insane if he gets there... wish i could do this.. lol
  • From the 2+2 boards, and the webcam chat, it seems like he has succeeded. He's still registering for more SnGs though, so there is a bit of confusion.
  • He has stopped registering on new tables. I think he is there.
  • over/under on how many days he sleeps now?

btw his ROI previously was $2 per sng so even though his ROI dropped a lot he made up for it by playing an extra 2500 sngs or so.
  • It's official, he did it!

Two Plus Two Poker Forum - View Single Post - [Propbet] Turning 100$ into 10000$ in 15 days LOWLIMIT ONLY

There are over 230 pages of posts to the 2+2 thread. People kept asking for graphs and giraffes of his progress. I don't know if "giraffes" is a normal online poker term for the PokerTracker graphs, but at one point someone turned the graph into a picture of a giraffe. From that point on, people drew pictures out of the graphs as he progressed. On the weekend, boku87 posted that he was going to ship 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes to the best picture of his graphs. He would determine the winner by a poll. Some of the graphs are very cool.

Also, PokerStars announced a $10000 freeroll, paying out top 9, on Sunday for everyone who participated in the prop bet, also, very cool. Good luck on the weekend Hobbes. Well worth the investment.