odds & % preflop???

oki ive bassicly ditched the way most people calculate odds and outs based on the 47 card in the deck method of analyzing!! why?

doesnt seem credible by my standart so ive been trying to get a way to understand myself but dont need close enough % about 5% error would be ok...

any tips...

because ive made some horrible call and by the standard of the 47 card calculation it would have been an horrible call to make yet 4 out of 5 time i crusched big slick pre-flop with some suited connector...

anyone wanna explain why or help me get some basic math to work on my side... not the part where there's 47 card still in the deck because its bull ^%$%$^&^ in reallity there's 20 card being delt at a 10 players nl table so why dont you dont count these as out????

just want to make sense to me

Comments

• FRoSTy wrote: »

reallity there's 20 card being delt at a 10 players nl table so why dont you dont count these as out????

Because you dont know what these cards are - they are unknown.

I feel like this thread may get interesting......
    anyone wanna explain why or help me get some basic math to work on my side... not the part where there's 47 card still in the deck because its bull ^%$%$^&^ in reallity there's 20 card being delt at a 10 players nl table so why dont you dont count these as out????

Sorry but to you it may be bull ^%$%$^&^ but it's exactly correct. I'm not going to type out an explanation for you as it has been done thousands of times before but see here for a better explanation than I could type out..
    Poker Odds - Calculating Odds in Texas Hold'em Poker
  • oki explained that way its much easier then the earlier explanation i had with so many poker books ive read!!! ty compuease

BTW that realistic odd was what i was dreaming to find out!!! :D ty for pointing me to this nice site

BTW that realistic odd was what i was dreaming to find out!!!

There is an unrealistic one?
  • welcome back Cole!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    welcome back Cole!

The OP is far too advanced to be Cole...maybe Cole's mentor though?
    oki ive bassicly ditched the way most people calculate odds and outs based on the 47 card in the deck method of analyzing!! why?

doesnt seem credible by my standart so ive been trying to get a way to understand myself but dont need close enough % about 5% error would be ok...

any tips...

because ive made some horrible call and by the standard of the 47 card calculation it would have been an horrible call to make yet 4 out of 5 time i crusched big slick pre-flop with some suited connector...

There are certainly easier ways to do it. Any time you're on a straight or flush draw it's correct to make a call on a flop if you're facing a bet of ROUGHLY 1/2 size of a pot. That gives you proper 3:1 odds any way you look at it. If you miss it on a turn card then I woud call a bet on a turn of ROUGHLY a 1/4 of pot size. Otherwise dump it unless you're pot committed or have something like a second/third pair to go with a draw.