Vegas March 4 to 10

Anyone going to be down in Vegas during this period? Will probably stick to 1/2 at MGM, Venetian, IP.

Comments

• FYI, in addition to the Wynn Classic, NBC will be filming the Heads Up Championship at Caesars Palace.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    FYI, in addition to the Wynn Classic, NBC will be filming the Heads Up Championship at Caesars Palace.

thanks for the heads up; don't think I will have the budget for any of these tournaments. I may take a stab at one of the low buy-in tournaments you recommended in a previous post or maybe a satellite to one of these if they are running any. Probably just stick to cash games.
  • Also Harrahs 1/2 games ware pretty easy to beat.
  • FYI MGM 1/2 only has a 200max buy-in, I'd stick to the V with the 300max
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Also Harrahs 1/2 games ware pretty easy to beat.

Agreed. Easy 1/2.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    FYI MGM 1/2 only has a 200max buy-in, I'd stick to the V with the 300max

what kind of average stacks to you get at these 300 max games? I liked this option in Calgary as there seemed to be an exponential impact on the average stacks. I'm staying at the MGM for two nights so I will probably play there a couple times. When I'm staying at TI, I plan to spend time at the V. Haven't heard much about Harrah's poker room. I read that IP has a dumpy room but a good crowd.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    FYI, in addition to the Wynn Classic, NBC will be filming the Heads Up Championship at Caesars Palace.

Would appreciate your opinion of their satellites:

Wynn Las Vegas
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Would appreciate your opinion of their satellites:
    I'd do 'em. :D Assuming Wynn is like the Venetian and doesn't tax satellites, then they are a much better alternative for recreational players like you than buying into any big US tournament where you will get raped 30% if you win more than $5,000.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    Knowing pokerJAH, I would definitely advise him NOT to grind cash games at the Venetian. It is my favourite poker room overall, but there are more Brampton/Georgetown types at MGM, IP, etc. I'd also try to play at Harrah's every morning for their promotion, especially if you can adjust to playing against nits.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    True except for the fact that the MGM is a couple orders of magnitude easier game..... And V normally has 200 & 300 max games, have they dropped the 200 max now?