Funny Oscar moment

Japanese guy wins for animated short and he's trying to thank people in broken english. At the end of his speech he says

"Domo arigato, mr. roboto"

Comments

• Haha... I can imagine this will be better with a video
  • I'm sure it will be on YouTube soon
  • lol @ the insta-post.
  • On the eve of Oscar weekend the five nominees for best film—“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”, “Frost / Nixon”, “Milk”, “The Reader” and “Slumdog Millionaire”—had together earned $276m at the box-office. To put that in perspective, “The Dark Knight”, the latest of the Batman films, has pulled in $533m.
  • 533 must just be domestic...

TDK became like only the 4th movie to top 1billion (others; Titanic, Pirates of the Caribbean, and LOTR: Return of the King)..

Benjamin Button
    Domestic - 124 million
    Worldwide - 276 million

Frost / Nixon
    Domestic / Worldwide - doesn't clear the top 400 (< $200 million)

Milk
    Domestic / Worldwide - "Ditto"

The Reader

Slumdog Millionaire

So, not saying box-office success is the best indicator, but only ONE of the Movie of the Year candidates made the top grossing movie lists (and from what I've heard TCCOBB was the worst of them), and it only made 1/4 of TDK.

Btw... just for reference, the lowest money makers on the us.imdb.com money makers movies were

Domestic - "Collateral" (2004) - Tom Cruise the hit man and Jamie Foxx the driver

Worldwide - "Don't Mess with the Zohan" (2008) - Adam sandler as the hairdressing ninja dude...

Yea

Mark
  • and coke brings in more $ than banana juice...

what's your point?