Bounty Hunts

Alright, so these "bounty" tourneys, that we see all over....and especially on Aced...as they are very directed at the bounty (1/2 entry and 1/2 bounty per player)..

Do these style tournies promote less than stellar play? I have been playing a few, and wow, some of the calls ya see...

I am also wondering if it would be an advantage to the pros to have these bounties on their heads, so people might make poor calls in order to suck out...?

Just some musings for a Friday afternoon...

Comments

• From what I've gathered (watched, played, discussed), depending on the size of the bounty, you can get called pretty light. So you really have to tighten up in terms of your shoving range, and being open-shoving much earlier with a bigger stack.
  • I was thinking about doing a bounty tourney here as a home game, but man, the donkeys are already bad enough...not sure I want to make it any worse...we are trying to promote growth and learning...lol...not light shoving...
  • I was thinking about doing a bounty tourney here as a home game, but man, the donkeys are already bad enough...not sure I want to make it any worse...we are trying to promote growth and learning...lol...not light shoving and calling...

FYP. Like mentioned, it totally depends on the % the bounty is compared to the buy-in. Take FTP for example, their red pros all have a bounty for every tournament they play in, and their bounty is = buy-in of the tourney. Obv. that would encourage some lighter calls esp. if they get short. But if you play their $24+2 90man KO tourney, $4 of the $24 goes to bounty, but it might not be worth the $4 to call light when the biggest prize is still top 3.
  • Yeah..thanks for that fix, def. should have read calling moreso than pushing..lol

Over on the Aced site 50% is bounty....which like I say, has shown some incredibly bad calls. I am also worried that even a light bounty, in the home game, might take focus off the main prize...but yet the change could be fun...

like I said..just musing...I need to start drinking instead.