Pokerstars 25th Billion Hand Promo

Not sure if everyone is aware, but right now on Pokerstars they are having their 25th Billion Hand Celebration. What does this mean?

- for new players, $60k in first depositor freerolls
- reload bonus of 25% up to $250
- $2.5 million guaranteed in Sunday Million
- $1.25 million guaranteed Sunday Warmup
- $150k in milestone hands

For the player who finally reaches the 25 billionth hand, the money is going to get huge...

$100,000 in cash
European Poker Tour Monte Carlo Grand Final package
PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package
World Series package
World Championship of Online Poker Main Event ticket

Its a great promo, so if you don't already have a pokerstars account, create one today! Use marketing code CPF50 for $50 free when making your first deposit also in addition to the freerolls!

Comments

• I was playing last night and saw somebody win $2500 for winning a certain hand. Pretty sweet.

What limits do you need to play to qualify?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I was playing last night and saw somebody win $2500 for winning a certain hand. Pretty sweet.

What limits do you need to play to qualify?

It doesn't matter... the higher you play, the more that you can win, then they multiply that by your VIP level.

Here are the details from the site:

Milestone Hands will be announced on the table with a pop-up message, before play is paused to ramp up the excitement. A host will then arrive at the table to explain exactly what’s happening. Players involved in every millionth hand dealt during the 25 Billion Bash will win the following:
    Limit / Winner / The Rest
    Micro / $300 / $125
    Low / $750 / $250
    Medium / $1,250 / $500
    High / $2,500 / $1,000

There will also be a VIP multiplier, with bonuses for the following VIP tiers:
    VIP Tier / Multiplier
    SilverStar / 15% Bonus
    GoldStar / 30% Bonus
    PlatinumStar / 60% Bonus
    Supernova / 120% Bonus
    Supernova Elite / 200% Bonus

For example, if you are dealt into a Milestone Hand on a Medium stakes table and win the hand, you’d receive $1,250. If you are also a Goldstar VIP, you’d receive an additional $375 (30% Bonus).
  • anyone figure out when the big hand will go approximately?
  • Ya if you read the P* site, the winner of the 20 billionth hand had $11 in her account and was multitabling 1cent/2cent.

I wouldn't play too high anyways because everyone goes allin when you hit the milestone hand because you want to have a shot a winning and it could cost you a lot.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    anyone figure out when the big hand will go approximately?

This is what my pokerstars rep had to say:
    There are milestone hands for every millionth hand dealt.

We expect it to be early next week, but the promotion has really taken off, and we are hitting all sorts of peaks with this, so could be even earlier.
  • feel free to analyze this one. the winner got 2k for this hand:

PokerStars Game #24917000000: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2009/02/13 23:42:24 ET
    Table 'Fides' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: AAindaBB ($205 in chips)
    Seat 2: gplayer_unit ($113.25 in chips)
    Seat 3: matze1987 ($225 in chips)
    Seat 4: DerkDerk ($79.45 in chips)
    Seat 5: element64 ($202 in chips)
    Seat 6: fooligan dan ($268.40 in chips)
    fooligan dan: posts small blind $1
    AAindaBB: posts big blind $2
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    gplayer_unit: calls $2
    matze1987: raises $223 to $225 and is all-in
    DerkDerk: folds
    element64: folds
    fooligan dan: folds
    AAindaBB: folds
    gplayer_unit: folds
    Uncalled bet ($223) returned to matze1987
    matze1987 collected $7 from pot
    matze1987: doesn't show hand
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $7 | Rake $0
    Seat 1: AAindaBB (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: gplayer_unit folded before Flop
    Seat 3: matze1987 collected ($7)
    Seat 4: DerkDerk folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: element64 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: fooligan dan (small blind) folded before Flop
  • I believe $1/$2 NL is considered low? If thats the case, everyone is at least guaranteed $250 back according to the chart Graham posted, so I'm calling no matter what on that table.
  • So apparently I found a trick that many people seem to be doing. Basically two friends open like 10+ heads-up tables at like 1/2 or so. Then, just keep folding the blinds to get to the milestone hand. I just saw two guys do it (supernova and platinum star) and when it came to the milestone, the platinum star folded so the supernova would get more money ($2750!!!). I don't really agree with this, but I would rather someone from here won it than some random people.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I believe $1/$2 NL is considered low? If thats the case, everyone is at least guaranteed $250 back according to the chart Graham posted, so I'm calling no matter what on that table.

Medium you mean.
  • Thanks. Who's gone Supernova here and wants to play $5/$10 heads-up for $4,000 Milestone rollz? >:D

By the way, the bonus works out to 25% rakeback for tournaments and less than 12.5% for cash games. So players who already get rakeback (e.g, 27% at Full Tilt) need not bother depositing at P*.
    Graham wrote: »
    I just saw two guys do it (supernova and platinum star) and when it came to the milestone, the platinum star folded so the supernova would get more money ($2750!!!).
  • You forget the FPP points earned clearing the bonus are yours.
  • i love these guys

PokerStars Game #24937000000: 5 Card Draw Limit ($15/$30) - 2009/02/14 14:33:17 ET
    Table 'Leonid VII' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 3: cr0sss ($150 in chips)
    Seat 4: NoFreeBids ($150 in chips)
    cr0sss: posts small blind $10
    NoFreeBids: posts big blind $15
    *** DEALING HANDS ***
    KataloAA joins the table at seat #2
    wolliz joins the table at seat #6
    basajax joins the table at seat #5
    [EMAIL="deto@lol"]deto@lol[/EMAIL] joins the table at seat #1
    basajax said, "am i in?"
    basajax said, "but i didn't have cards.."
    cr0sss has timed out
    cr0sss: folds
    Uncalled bet ($5) returned to NoFreeBids
    cr0sss is sitting out
    NoFreeBids collected $20 from pot
    NoFreeBids: doesn't show hand
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $20 | Rake $0
    Seat 3: cr0sss (button) (small blind) folded before the Draw
    Seat 4: NoFreeBids (big blind) collected ($20)

a bunch tried jumping in before the deal to get the bonus.

the sb wasn't paying attention and timed out.

i think the bb got 3k just for being there.

someone said this guy had one another bonus earlier in the day. rigged?
  • The thing that enrages me the most is the microstakes players with like $5 at the table folding pre-flop on the milestone hand. Are people that retarded, or just not well informed of the promo, though I don't know how thats possible.
  • i think a couple here fit the definition of 'uber donk':

PokerStars Game #24942000000: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2009/02/14 16:55:20 ET
    Table 'Mashona IV' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
    Seat 1: LeConner ($2.01 in chips)
    Seat 2: Frangus01 ($1.78 in chips)
    Seat 3: neivapoker ($0.83 in chips)
    Seat 4: Ithildin ($1 in chips)
    Seat 5: kaltrapuff ($1.59 in chips)
    Seat 6: jrjumbo ($3.86 in chips)
    Seat 7: parrelli85 ($3 in chips)
    Seat 8: LUNA RENOI ($7.94 in chips)
    Seat 9: Wirknerklahn ($1.80 in chips)
    Wirknerklahn: posts small blind $0.01
    LeConner: posts big blind $0.02
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Frangus01: raises $1.76 to $1.78 and is all-in
    neivapoker: calls $0.83 and is all-in
    Ithildin: calls $1 and is all-in
    kaltrapuff: calls $1.59 and is all-in
    jrjumbo: folds
    jrjumbo leaves the table
    parrelli85: raises $1.22 to $3 and is all-in
    LUNA RENOI: folds
    Wirknerklahn: folds
    LeConner: folds
    Uncalled bet ($1.22) returned to parrelli85
    Wirknerklahn leaves the table
    *** FLOP *** [8d Jc 2h]
    *** TURN *** [8d Jc 2h] [9c]
    *** RIVER *** [8d Jc 2h 9c] [Kd]
    dannydeking5 joins the table at seat #6
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Frangus01: shows [9d Qh] (a pair of Nines)
    Möp79 joins the table at seat #9
    parrelli85: mucks hand
    Frangus01 collected $0.33 from side pot-3
    kaltrapuff: shows [8s 9h] (two pair, Nines and Eights)
    kaltrapuff collected $1.67 from side pot-2
    Ithildin: mucks hand
    kaltrapuff collected $0.68 from side pot-1
    neivapoker: mucks hand
    kaltrapuff collected $3.98 from main pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $7.01 Main pot $3.98. Side pot-1 $0.68. Side pot-2 $1.67. Side pot-3 $0.33. | Rake $0.35
    Board [8d Jc 2h 9c Kd]
    Seat 1: LeConner (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: Frangus01 showed [9d Qh] and won ($0.33) with a pair of Nines
    Seat 3: neivapoker mucked
    Seat 4: Ithildin mucked
    Seat 5: kaltrapuff showed [8s 9h] and won ($6.33) with two pair, Nines and Eights
    Seat 6: jrjumbo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: parrelli85 mucked
    Seat 8: LUNA RENOI (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: Wirknerklahn (small blind) folded before Flop
  • Heads up cash games are suspended now for the rest of the 25 billion promo. There goes that loophole.
  • moose wrote: »
    Heads up cash games are suspended now for the rest of the 25 billion promo. There goes that loophole.

Yea, I am surprised that they caught on and acted so quickly. Nice work stars!
  • i liked this hand for 750

PokerStars Game #24951000000: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2009/02/14 21:50:14 ET
    Table 'Dejopeja IX' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 2: poetic ($195.45 in chips)
    Seat 3: glissdaddy ($108.85 in chips)
    Seat 4: CC839 ($100 in chips)
    Seat 5: MGoBlue56 ($128.70 in chips)
    Seat 6: viviansdream ($100 in chips)
    Seat 7: kowals50 ($83.90 in chips)
    Seat 8: Federer1414 ($109.10 in chips)
    Seat 9: Wake09 ($100 in chips)
    kowals50: posts small blind $0.50
    Federer1414: posts big blind $1
    freddy827: sits out
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Wake09: folds
    poetic: calls $1
    glissdaddy: folds
    CC839: folds
    MGoBlue56: raises $127.70 to $128.70 and is all-in
    viviansdream: folds
    kowals50: folds
    Federer1414: folds
    poetic: folds
    Uncalled bet ($127.70) returned to MGoBlue56
    MGoBlue56 collected $3.50 from pot
    MGoBlue56: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $3.50 | Rake $0
    Seat 2: poetic folded before Flop
    Seat 3: glissdaddy folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: CC839 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: MGoBlue56 collected ($3.50)
    Seat 6: viviansdream (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: kowals50 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 8: Federer1414 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 9: Wake09 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Thanks. Who's gone Supernova here and wants to play $5/$10 heads-up for $4,000 Milestone rollz? >:D

By the way, the bonus works out to 25% rakeback for tournaments and less than 12.5% for cash games. So players who already get rakeback (e.g, 27% at Full Tilt) need not bother depositing at P*.

I'm pretty sure it has been calculated that if you reach SNE, the bonuses you get is 30%<.
  • moose wrote: »
    Medium you mean.

I stand corrected. Clearly I don't play that high...
  • 20 more milestones to go... should hit sometime later tonight.
  • Hit around 4:30 am. Omaha H/L. Lol I set my alarm for 4:15am and it was a total madhouse. Tables were filling as soon as they opened. I set my game filter to show only open tables. About 50 would open at a time and fill in seconds. It was basically click as fast as you can. After about 15 tries finally got in a $3/6 nl game, bought in for min. I only had about $120 on the site so that one min buyin was about 1/2 my money on the site. Got into about 3 other random tables - .25/.50, .02/.04 etc. But that was it. Simply couldn't click fast enough. Made $6 in one orbit on the $3/6 and $.10 on the .02/.04 and it was over.

Winning table was a $1/2 limit omaha h/l table. One poor bastard was waiting to post and missed out by one hand. What an idiot!!!! Trying to save $1 cost him thousands. Missed the explanation on how the h/l situation was going to work in case of a split pot. Hand still hasn't started yet in case you are up and reading this.
  • Confedrate is so FAIL!!!!!
  • Moose u see that with NeonFrost, lol
  • At first I was LOL cuz he was so excited........but I can't even imagine how terrible he feels.....I think stars should ship him a tourney entry or something.......like he's gotta sit there and watch the others flip for $100k

and wow.........the shortest stack, neonfrost.......just folded......he said the server effed up and he ddint get a hand, was sat out..........he's freaking out in chat atm
  • OMG another player timed out and missed his chance!!!! Stars seriously fucked up by starting the game without confirmation from all players that they were ready. OMG what a serious clusterfuck!

Board 2s, 7s, Kh, As, 7c

Timed out player claims he had Q high flush to win it. Someone else had a lower flush to win high and low was A,2,3,5,7.
  • Support: All players who were dealt cards will be treated as if they were all-in and went to showdown.

Well Stars comes through again and fixes it! Looks like the timed out player splits $100k with the low winner. The three 'losers' split $100k and the cheap ass player who was waiting for the blinds gets squadouche!

HAHAHA funniest thing ever. Early position player, who gets 1/3 of $100k, asks for the extra penny!
  • lol... this is funny.
    I watched one table get the bonus and 5 out of 9 went all in on the hand... everyone watching was like WTF why did you guys fold ? Put 50 to win 250...

ahh well :)
  • I watched it too and was laughing so hard at Confederate. You could clearly tell he wasn't involved in the hand as he hadn't received cards, and then he typed into the chat how he was so excited he spilled his drink over. That must have been a serious emotional rollercoaster!
  • and here you all were saying oh no stars is perfect, nothing will go wrong with them, thank you thank you i called it what a year ago.

but it was great entertainment with so many things going wrong,lol
  • philliivey wrote: »
    and here you all were saying oh no stars is perfect, nothing will go wrong with them, thank you thank you i called it what a year ago.

but it was great entertainment with so many things going wrong,lol

Well with around possibly 100k observers on one table things were bound to get messed up somewhat.