PartyPoker SNGs

Since a lot of forumers seem to specialize in SNGs more than MTTs or satellites, I was looking forward to trying online SNGs. While I like PartyPoker much more than PokerStars, PartyPoker has the worst SNG system that I have seen so far. It was difficult to figure out the most basic of stuff, such as how to join a table, blind length and fees, but eventually the live customer support was able to make sense out of the mess himself and help me.

The fee information is improperly hidden and difficult to find out before deciding whether to play. From what I have found out so far, none of the $1-$6, DON or Steps are worth playing. Aside from the $200+ SNGs that all_aces plays, has anybody here found decent SNGs at PartyPoker?

Comments

• off topic, try the stars 6 man SNGs; you will love them.
  • What do you love about those SNGs? I stopped playing at PokerStars for now because I like other sites much better.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    try the stars 6 man SNGs; you will love them.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    What do you love about those SNGs? I stopped playing at PokerStars for now because I like other sites much better.
    Because they're easy to beat? Actually the rake is a lot less at the lower priced SNG's only 50c on the $5. ones vs $1 on Party...
  • @blondefish.

Don't think party is a good site for sit n gos. Not much choice at all. And they take the rake out of the prize pool. I'd prefer if they charged the rake separately. Think stars is a much better site for sit n gos. Lots of choice at so many buy in levels and you can even use your points to pay for buy in. I've played a few stt's on party and I don't like it. The steps program on there doesn't seem to bad though especially if you can make it to the end.
  • For sit n go's I'd say that Full Tilt and Pokerstars are the best hands down because they have the most players so you don't have to wait too long for them to fill.
  • i do better on party poker then the worst hand always wins crap on stars and about to put all my bankroll on party poker to give em another shot.

the problems are the high rake and fees and ya the lobby is not the best.

plus wsop satellites have started 1 in 4 move on in a couple of levels so i like that very much until you get to the final satellite where it is 1 in 20.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    What do you love about those SNGs? I stopped playing at PokerStars for now because I like other sites much better.

I think you will find them easy to beat; they fill up constantly so no wait time either. Haven't played any in a couple of years but remember they were fun. Also, they take a lot less time than the 10 player which for me is a plus.

On another note, for some reason, I have always enjoyed the CD Poker site; I find it very easy to use and there are always lots of players online. Not sure about rake back, etc. as I only play there with some free money I got from some promo at one time.
  • Big plus for Stars..as mentioned...very little wait time.
  • I play the sng's at Tilt, and same thing. Very little wait. The non turbo games seem to be better for me, 9 player. They take about an hour each, and with patience (which I lack sometimes..well..ok, a lot of the time) can make the money pretty easy..

Strange thing I have come across there though, SSing each table..most of the sharks and money winners are at the 20 and 30 buck level. 50buck doesn't have near as many...
  • 6 max turbos and non turbos on Stars both have really good structures -- I find the main difference is that in non turbos you are HU for about 20min at the end whereas in turbos you don't have much play left at HU. Overall turbos are likely a better value per unit of time and they aren't crapshoots.
  • I play tilt $30's regular 9p STT

Good play all the way through, use standard SnG strategy and they are very profitable.

Plus you get rake back, which makes a big difference in ROI

The players are pretty standard and I find that I get a 50/50 mix of losing players and good players.

I have tried party and the found the gamble to be much bigger, you make it into the money but are usually >3-1 outstacked as whichever donkey has been gambling through the whole tourney is the leader with a huge stack