Kincardine, Ontario

Hello,

Just wondering if there's anyone on this site from Kincardine? Just moved here a few months ago and trying to 'sess' out the poker community 'round these parts.

Anyhoo, not the most exciting post but it's the best I could do for a Monday morning.

Thanks.

Bill.

Comments

• Where is Kincardine?

kinda sounds made up!

jk
  • Yikes. Well, we're on the Eastern shore of Lake Huron. The other one is in Scotland somewhere.
  • What limits are you intersted in? There are games up the road in Owen Sound.
  • Did you ever find anything. I am in Southampton and looking for a game. Amateur that doesn't take it too serious though.
  • Well, this brought back memories. A reply to what I think was my first post on PFC.

This entire area has a fairly thriving poker community. All home games, non raked of course, all low limit from what I've seen. Generally you have to know someone in the game to get in. Given that summer's on it's way soon (please god), the traffic in these games tends to die off a bit.

I have no idea what's happening in Southampton. I do know some guys from Port Elgin who drive to Kincardine to play, so I'm sure there's not much going on up that way.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum! There's a couple of us on here from this area.
  • I know of all the games in Southampton and Port Elgin, few private hydroid games that I can get people in if anyone is interested, also bill- I host a private one once a month, you are more then welcome to come, pretty sure ive been saying that for years lol

OS kid, im interested in games there in OS as well, ill play anything but limit Hold em, up to 5/10, i dont give a shit if its raked as long as I get a few beers
  • costanza wrote: »
    I know of all the games in Southampton and Port Elgin, few private hydroid games that I can get people in if anyone is interested, also bill- I host a private one once a month, you are more then welcome to come, pretty sure ive been saying that for years lol

Not being a hydroid and not having an inflated income, I doubt I could afford your game Fed.

I also meant to ask, which we should be calling you. Fed, or Costanza? Some of us who've been here for a few years, know you buy your previous nom de plume.

Not being an ass asking that, just want to know what you prefer.
  • Not being a hydroid and not having an inflated income, I doubt I could afford your game Fed.

I also meant to ask, which we should be calling you. Fed, or Costanza? Some of us who've been here for a few years, know you buy your previous nom de plume.

Not being an ass asking that, just want to know what you prefer.

you can call me whatever you want, as I feel like I am out of the fed shadow I cast, it is still weird to be referred to as costanza, but its the way it is lol.

Our home game consists of a 20-50$ sng, final 2 normally chop... we normally have 8-10 ppl, a few guys and their gf's play, its a social thing, not too competitive. It's mostly an excuse for the fellas to get together and drink to be totally honest lol

couple of us degens start up black jack as well
  • $20-50 isn't bad. Some of the games with the hydro guys around town here I've heard about end up being way, wayyy to far out of my range. You guys make to much money, but Mother Bruce feeds us all I guess.. I might have to check one of these out at some point. I'd have to convince the wife to drive me out there though or something. I'm not really into the Bruce County hobby of driving home pissed drunk.

And yes, you are doing quite well here in terms of not pissing people off. Not that you need my affirmation whatsoever, just an observation. Most appear to have let the past rest. Most. It was pretty entertaining to watch how much of a legend you became on P5, which you seem to have abandoned.

When are you going to post pictures of that rope? Maybe I'll meet your cat someday.
  • $20-50 isn't bad. Some of the games with the hydro guys around town here I've heard about end up being way, wayyy to far out of my range. You guys make to much money, but Mother Bruce feeds us all I guess.. I might have to check one of these out at some point. I'd have to convince the wife to drive me out there though or something. I'm not really into the Bruce County hobby of driving home pissed drunk.

And yes, you are doing quite well here in terms of not pissing people off. Not that you need my affirmation whatsoever, just an observation. Most appear to have let the past rest. Most. It was pretty entertaining to watch how much of a legend you became on P5, which you seem to have abandoned.

When are you going to post pictures of that rope? Maybe I'll meet your cat someday.

haha, yeah im done with p5's forever - im taking my poker super serious right now, dont got time to fuck around on the internet lol

PM me any time you are frisky for a game of live poker or wanna grab a coldie >:D
  • i know it is not really local to kincardine but this summer i will be holding 40 person freeze out with cash game . as well as cash game nights as may tables as needed and possible different limits . i am located in gorrie