Congratulations JohnnieH!

I just saw this on his facebook status:
Johnnie Horne

IS A DADDY! June Margaret born Sat Feb 7/09 @ 4:24 PM!!!!!!

pyzambabycare.jpg

Comments

• Some more advice!

1002.jpg

1005.jpg

1009.jpg

1010.jpg

1028.jpg

1013.jpg
    Hrm... that last one may be for me....

Congrats you two!

Mark
  • Congrats you guys
  • congrats, I didn't even realize you were dating.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    congrats, I didn't even realize you were dating.

That would kinda piss off my wife :)

Thanks for the love CPF! Mom and Baby June are both doing fine.

Johnnie
  • I know Jenn called earlier, but once again, congrats!!!
  • Congrats Johnnie!!! All the best to you and your new family.

ummmm, someone please tell me it looks like HER and NOT HIM!!!
  • Congrats on the greatest miracle there is.
  • Yay Johnnie!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you :)

/g2
  • Congrats on the microJ.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    That would kinda piss off my wife :)

Thanks for the love CPF! Mom and Baby June are both doing fine.

Johnnie

say, 'hello diapers' and 'good bye poker'
  • Congrats on the new addition. Life will NEVER be the same. And that's a good thing . . .
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    say, 'hello diapers' and 'good bye poker'

But he'll be playing a lot of 'craps'.
  • Johnnie...

My standard rule applies... next time I see you, you get one poop comment, and that`s it.

Mark ;)
  • Congratulations to you and Rachel. I am happy for you all.
  • Fantastic job big guy... You really did figure how to do it?

Congrats to both of you! So when's her 1st Bristol St appearance?
  • All the best to you and Wraychel and of course the new one, June!! Woot woot!

stp
  • Another helpful hint:

hey WTF happened to my pic?

baby1012.jpg
  • Congrats Johnnie. Cherish her everyday, they don't stay small for long.
  • moose wrote: »
    But he'll be playing a lot of 'craps'.

HAHAHAHA....Post of the Decade!
  • Great news! Congratulations!
  • 2nd try.
    nursing.jpg
  • Hurry up and teach your baby to deal! Awesome for you.
  • Congrats to June in February! What's the deal?
  • Congrats! Enjoy every moment.

Dave
  • Enjoy. Your life has just changed for the better. Congratulations!

...oh, and start that RESP ASAP.
  • Thanks again for the great comments on our new bundle of joy.

Here's a short version of the birth story for anyone who cares:
    We started Saturday Feb 7 thinking we'd do some last minute housecleaning, organizing, etc. Basically a normal Saturday. Wraych thought she might be experiencing some 'false labour' as June wasn't due for another 10 days... VERY quickly we realized it was NOT false and I called the Midwives to the house as was our plan. The whole experience went well and quick. At the end, nearing 4pm, June experienced some distress and the Midwives used precaution and called the emergency services. June was born at home but as protocol dictates when there is assistance, she was taken in to be monitored and have some testing done. We followed shortly to GRH. Here and Wrayc received excellent care, had a private room for the night and were able to start and continue breastfeeding the whole time. The entire Horne family was then back home by 2pm on Sunday...

We're doing well. June needs to eat TONNES every two hours to put her weight on but otherwise we're simply enjoying this time. I've actually managed to play some online poker while staying up for feedings or when Wraych is watching her!

Thanks again to everyone!

Johnnie, Wraych and June
    I've actually managed to play some online poker while staying up for feedings

You're doing it wrong...

nursing.jpg
    Thanks again for the great comments on our new bundle of joy.

Here's a short version of the birth story for anyone who cares:
    We started Saturday Feb 7 thinking we'd do some last minute housecleaning, organizing, etc. Basically a normal Saturday. Wraych thought she might be experiencing some 'false labour' as June wasn't due for another 10 days... VERY quickly we realized it was NOT false and I called the Midwives to the house as was our plan. The whole experience went well and quick. At the end, nearing 4pm, June experienced some distress and the Midwives used precaution and called the emergency services. June was born at home but as protocol dictates when there is assistance, she was taken in to be monitored and have some testing done. We followed shortly to GRH. Here and Wrayc received excellent care, had a private room for the night and were able to start and continue breastfeeding the whole time. The entire Horne family was then back home by 2pm on Sunday...

We're doing well. June needs to eat TONNES every two hours to put her weight on but otherwise we're simply enjoying this time. I've actually managed to play some online poker while staying up for feedings or when Wraych is watching her!

Thanks again to everyone!

Johnnie, Wraych and June

Thats a great story, but I think the thing on everyone's mind is... have the pictures in this thread helped? ;)

Congrats again!
  • Actually all I'm thinking is that you're falling prey to bogus zen-birthing.

I don't care what Wrach thinks she wants Johnnie, get some family over stat at least, and someone to clean for the first couple weeks/months wouldn't hurt. This hippie home shit is fruitless. She's just been through a ton..and there really is no award for the most granola/nature-loving birth.

Wishing the best for you three..and that involves as much support as possible your first time round!

xoxox
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Actually all I'm thinking is that you're falling prey to bogus zen-birthing.

I don't care what Wrach thinks she wants Johnnie, get some family over stat at least, and someone to clean for the first couple weeks/months wouldn't hurt. This hippie home shit is fruitless. She's just been through a ton..and there really is no award for the most granola/nature-loving birth.

Wishing the best for you three..and that involves as much support as possible your first time round!

xoxox

Wraychs' aunt from PEI is flying in on Saturday and I've been at home all this week :)