Stars Deepstack Rebuy

Anyone play these weird Stars rebuy tournies (they have 1 NLHE and 1 PLO nightly, maybe more).

Original buy-in and rebuys are $5 (1500 chips a crack)......at the break, there is a $25 add-on for 4000 or 5000 chips.

Played one the other night......really liked it. More than half the field is gone before the add-on (quite a bit more than a normal rebuy), so alot of dead money in the pot.

And even if you're not able to build a good stack during the rebuy portion, you have lots of play after the break by doing the add-on.

Anyone see a downside for this kind of tourney?

Comments

• Yeah it's NLO and the game is an abomination. AVOID.
  • no limit omaha is the best
  • NLO -- why avoid it?

It gives skilled players more advantage over fish.
  • moose wrote: »
    Yeah it's NLO and the game is an abomination. AVOID.

I'm with everyone else here.....quite a different game than PLO.....but much more profitable long term.
  • NLO -- why avoid it?

It gives skilled players more advantage over fish.

Kidding right? The skill comes from your drawing odds and redraw odds. Where is the skill when in order to 'correctly' play your hand you should shove on virtually every flop. It turns it from a game of skill to a game of luck. Whomever flops the best wins. Might as well play flipaments and end the hand on the flop. No use waiting for the turn or river.

Is that how you play NLHE? Oh I have AA - it's the best hand preflop so better shove now rather actually try and play poker?

PLO is the best game because you actually have to read the board and your hand and think. Shove fests are not poker.

Let me know when NLO shows up at the WSOP. Thanks.
  • less streets the better imo who needs postflop poker

turn every game into a preflop game and i am happy

let me know when nlo shows up as well pls

besides pot limit tournaments are more or less no limit you're basically getting more than half your stack in preflop by the time you're deep anyways
  • Thanks for the info. I think that "weird" NLHE tournament is one of the few PokerStars tournaments that I will like. I had heard that PokerStars has the best tournaments, but it has many of the worst structures that I have seen online. Sometimes all I see are waste-of-time turbo and hyper-turbo crapshoots so I have to go to another site to play a decent tournament.

One of the rare PokerStars tournaments that I have seen with 15-minute blinds are the rake-free $3+0 rebuy satellites, with 1500 starting chips and $3 2000-chip add-on.
    T8urmoney wrote: »
    Anyone play these weird Stars rebuy tournies (they have 1 NLHE
  • While playing this tournament, a shadow screen keeps appearing on the right side of my table preventing me from clicking any of the action buttons. Has this ever happened to anybody? I am guessing that it is a PokerTracker 3 bug with PokerStars. I was playing on PartyPoker at the same time with no problems.
  • I invite anyone who thinks NLO is a better game than PLO to play me HU in either game anytime.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I invite anyone who thinks NLO is a better game than PLO to play me HU in either game anytime.

if we can play 20bb deep you're done pal!!
  • Played the NLO last night....sorry, I luv this tourney format. Only finished 9th....but man....people will call their chips off almost drawing dead. Of course, they will also call preflop against your A's and knock you out in 9th.