Vegas Shows - Love it or Hate it

Looking for a couple shows to see while I am in Vegas. Has anyone seen any of the following shows:

V (Planet Hollywood)
Fab Four (Planet Hollywood)
Penn & Teller (Rio)
KA (MGM)
Love (Mirage)
O (Bellagio)
Others ?

I would like to check out one of the Circus du Soleil shows but none are on sale currently.

Has anyone bought tickets through bestofvegas.com before? are they legit? they seem to have some great 50% off deals on right now.

Purchase Tickets to Las Vegas Shows - Las Vegas Show Guide!

Comments

• I was really not interested in shows in any way when I went to Vegas in the fall. But during the trip I was talked into going to one anyway by my wife.

Anyway... we decided on KA. It was a good fit. I am really not into the prancing and singing gaylord stuff. This was a little more combat and visual effects based. It was actually pretty cool. The thing that most impressed me though was the bloody stage... what a feat of engineering.

Anyway what I am saying is that I actually enjoyed KA and would recommend it. My wife really liked it too.
  • I go to at least one show every time. KA was visually very interesting but it is one of the only Cirque shows with a story. The story was hard to follow and there were no clowns to break up the show. When it was over my wife and I left the show both thinking - we paid $300 US for that?

O on the other hand is an amazing show. One of the best to see in Vegas.

Register at the Cirque site - there should be some deals available to members.

Also La Reve is good. Created by the same guy who did O. Similar show but more dramatic and less acrobatic.

Le Reve Discount Tickets - Le Reve Coupons Discount Codes & Promotions
  • O ftw
    Ka is good too, you may not get tix for O and KA is a close second

havent seen the other ones
  • I saw Le Reve and Mystere when I was there in March last year and would recommend both.

Mystere was less expensive than the other big shows but it was still highly entertaining. Get there early and make sure the old guy in the tux doesn't seat you.

Does anyone know if you get a better price from the street guys for last minute deals? I understand you'd be looking at limited selection but you could save a chunk.
  • moose wrote: »
    Also La Reve is good. Created by the same guy who did O. Similar show but more dramatic and less acrobatic.

Le Reve Discount Tickets - Le Reve Coupons Discount Codes & Promotions

sounds like le Reve is a must; unfortunately the discount only applies to Feb shows; hopefully there will be some decent show sales for March soon; KA is also available for $60 but no March shows at this point.
  • $60? fuuuck It was $150 when I went last christmas
  • Ka at $60 is a decent deal. O is the must. La Reve is good but O is better. La Reve is a production and O is a show if that makes any sense. If you want your mind to be taken places, you go to La Reve. If you want outstanding entertainment, you go to O.

Don't the street guys make you go look at a time share first?
  • I saw Penn & Teller when they were here in Kitchener. Fabulous show!
  • As always, the correct answer is Asthma. Ask your wife which hotel and shows she wants, then pay for whatever she wants. All you can do is try to get the best value of what she wants, then hope that she'll let you play poker!
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Ask your wife which hotel and shows she wants, then pay for whatever she wants.

sounds like a -ev proposition to me :)
  • Isn't it cheaper to rent hookers?
  • Nope... not for a decent one anyway. It's usually about $250 just to get them to your room. If you want them to stay and do anything it'll be another $1000-$1500 for an hour on top.

Not that I would know.
  • it'll be another $1000-$1500 for an hour on top.

How much if she's not on top?
  • O is simply amazing... I paid like 125$ (or 200$ canadian lol) to see it 2 years ago and it was worth EVERY penny and more.

Go see O.
  • Ended up seeing Mystere and KA. Both great shows and seeing the stage for KA was worth the price of admission. btw, if you want to see KA before Sept 09, if you show your player's card at the MGM box office, they will give you tickets at a 2 for 1 rate. KA is currently on sale at 25% off (online) so you basically save another 25% but you can only avail of this offer at the box office at MGM.