How to improve??

This question involves improving my game.

I play low level Omaha8. I smash the 5 dollar games with $30 - $70 dollar profit in any 10 game set.

If i move up to $10 dollar games I lose $20 - $50 dollars in a 10 game set.

I have a hard time thinking the game play is so different in these two levels??

Its possible the $10 game is more "conventional" where the game is tighter than the $5 dollar game in earlier rounds so I think playing a little loose on my hands might help some but the difference is so slight I can't imagine it making much of a difference.

Any ideas??

Comments

• 1o games is not enough games to make any assumptions about

between $5 and $10 I do not believe there is 160% difference in skill of the field that is reflected in your results
  • I should clarify a little. 5 dollar games are in hundreds probably.

I play in 10 game sets. Deposit 55 dollars play ten games and profit.

10 dollar games not nearly as many. Same principal though. Deposit 110 dollars play 10 games, only lose.

Maybe you are right in a sense though and I have just not given myself an opportunity to profit in the 10 dollar game. I just can't bring myself to keep going when I feel I am losing.
  • I agree with Redington. You need a larger sample size. 1000 games minimum. Can you identify mistakes that you see your opponents making?

To improve:

Review your play.
    Post some hands that you have questions about.
  • OK OK OK. I'll stay on the $5 table for a while longer and analyze my play a little harder. However, next time I ask a question it would be much better for all involved if you could just give me the quick and easy solution:):)

Anyways, your reply does bring up another question I have had for some time about reviewing your play. I am not sure what to look for when going over my history. Is there a good place to read up on that??

I will post some hands as well and get some feedback.

I'm a little excited. Woot Woot.
    Thanks!!!
  • OK OK OK. I'll stay on the $5 table for a while longer and analyze my play a little harder. However, next time I ask a question it would be much better for all involved if you could just give me the quick and easy solution:):)

They did give you a quick and easy solution. Play more, get a bigger sample size. Hundreds of game is not even close to a big enough sample size to get a true grasp of whether or not you are truly a profitable player in a particular buy-in level.

Other than that, post some hands you have questions about...

Anyways, your reply does bring up another question I have had for some time about reviewing your play. I am not sure what to look for when going over my history. Is there a good place to read up on that??

I will post some hands as well and get some feedback.

I'm a little excited. Woot Woot.
    Thanks!!!

Umm look at how your go busto and review , if your shortstack... how did you get short stack

Do you know the stacksize size strategies for each level

for endgame, SnGWiz ftw this is the best way imo to learn endgame
  • Redington wrote: »
    Umm look at how your go busto and review , if your shortstack... how did you get short stack

Do you know the stacksize size strategies for each level

for endgame, SnGWiz ftw this is the best way imo to learn endgame

Cool I will review busts and hands that drop my stack!!

I have no idea about stack size strategies!!

I will check out sitngo wiz, sounds awesome.

Makes me think I have a lot further to go than I thought, but i look forward to the journey. Thanks.